CH 7

Lan Xichen rubbed his forehead. He has lost count of all the letters he received from Jin Guanyao, addressing the rumours regarding the Yiling Patriarch.

It's been almost a year, since his brother got married. They exchanged a lot of letters, Lan Wangji never mentioned anything that worried him.
His letters always sounds cheerful.

But Lan Xichen still can't throw away the bad feeling that's growing inside him. He is not someone who believes in rumours but--- it's his brother they are talking about.

When he wrote this to Lan Wangji, the answer he got was,

' Don't mind any of those rumours brother.
Wei Ying is really nice to me. We love each other very much.
And don't always trust whatever Jin Guanyao is saying to you '

He trusts Lan Wangji but he also trusts Jin Guanyao.

He didn't receive any letters from his brother recently, and his last letter from Jin Guanyao said,
' The Yiling Patriarch locked Lan Wangji up in a place where no light can enter denying him everything even food '

How did anyone knew all these things is a mystery in it's own.

He picked up his brush ready to write another letter,

' Wangji, I just remembered I never got the chance to visit your new home.
Will it be suitable to visit now ? '

_____________

"Brother wants to come here to visit my new home", Lan Wangji said looking up from the letter he is holding.

"Wei Ying ?"

"Hm ? Alright whatever you say....
What did you say ?"

Lan Wangji sighed, " Brother wants to come here "

"That's great ! You didn't say anything to him did you ?"

"Mmhm, I didn't. It's good he wants to come himself
We can - "

Wei Wuxian walked up from whatever he was doing and wrapped his arms around Lan Wangji.

" We can show him how much I love you", he whispered

"Mn", Lan Wangji leaned into his arms

They giggled rubbing their heads together.

_____________

Lan Xichen didn't waste a single day. He went out of Cloud Recess the moment he received his brother's letter.

He tried to gather as much information as possible about the Burial Mounds from the common people.

It went like this --

' The Burial Mounds are always dark' - it's a known fact

' There's no way anyone other than the Yiling Patriarch himself can stay alive in that place ' - but his brother is alive ?

' Of course he can stay there. The Yiling Patriarch is a monster ' - Um- no ?

' They say that the Yiling Patriarch's eyes always looks like it's burning, has large ears and he is also very much ugly ' --

That's when Lan Xichen understood he can't rely on any of this.

____________

The entrance of the Burial Mounds in empty, he didn't expect that.
He felt like he is going through a ward but no one stopped him so he kept walking.