CH 3

Lan Wangji was not ready for the sight that greeted him, as soon as he entered the Burial Mounds settlement.
He saw the Yiling Patriarch, spade in hand covered in dirt, robes folded up showing his arms and legs, his mouth is wide open for some reason. Lan Wangji's heart pounded, the first thing that came to his mind is,
' He will make a good husband ', HIS HUSBAND.

No one would believe him, if he told that he saw the Yiling Patriarch farming, not that he is planning to tell anyone. Some sights are only for him but it's not- because there was a lot of people in the Burial Mounds.

Isn't the Burial Mounds supposed to be full of fierce corpses?

Who are these people ?

He can ask later, he bowed to the Yiling Patriarch for now. Letting him know of his intentions.

__________________

Wei Wuxian is in trouble.

If he is being true to himself, he will accept Lan Wangji in an instant, but that would mean letting his immortal life go to waste.

He still don't understand though, was he really wrong about the Gusu Lan.

"Lan Wangji -" he tried

"Lan Zhan"

"Wh-What ?"

"My birth name, call me Lan Zhan"

"Oh, a-ah alright "

"Introduce me to people here ?"

Lan Wangji looks so innocent, while asking that, he can't just say 'no' right ?

Or, he can, he probably should. He should throw Lan Wangji out immediately, he never liked demanding people.

But he is giving in to all his demands.

'WHY ?'

He coughed,
" You do whatever you want
Uh ahem, Wen Ning will show you around"

"Wen ?" Lan Wangji's eyes shot up.

"Young master Lan", Wen Ning spoke

"Do not worry, we are related to Wen Rouhan, but we never did anything bad.
We- ran away before he could make us do anything and the Yiling Patriarch gave us shelter here"

" Mn", Lan Wangji just nodded
Wen Ning took him away.

Wei Wuxian picked up the spade and looked at Wen Qing.

"Can you cut my head off with this"

"..."

_______________

There's not many people at the Burial Mounds. Most of them are elderly.
Wen Ning introduced them all.

"This is where the Patriarch sleeps"

The house in front of them looks like it will collapse anytime .
Lan Wangji peeked inside, there's only a bed and a small table beside it. It's covered in little things.

"Wen Ning, can you do me favour ?"

"Uh- I will try"

"Can you bring me some architecture books, this place needs to rebuild"

Wen Ning looked at him like he had grown two heads.

Lan Wangji entered the house and settled his things. He couldn't see this from outside but the floor is covered in little things too.
This whole house is a mess

' I need to clear a space for me', he thought

"Young master Lan, what are you doing ?"

"I will stay here"