Chapter Thirteen: Evidence

Start from the beginning

Anna held on to his shirt when he turned his back on him. "Come back to me, Kousei! I'm begging you!!!"

"Forget about him, Anna," Hyun Woo reminded her while he removed her hands away from him. "I am in front of you as Hyun Woo. Why keep on holding on to a man who never truly existed? Kousei's been a name that Takahiko gave me to help me hide in Japan."

"Orabeoni," Chae Won stood behind him. "Assemblyman Yang is here again."

Hyun Woo looked back at them and found Ryota and Yang in front of him. Both weren't just moving since it looked like he was just too busy dealing with personal issues. "Take Anna with you, Ryota. It looks like she came here demanding that I forget investigating my father's death."

"Why can't you just accept that your father's dead?" Anna glared at him. "He's dead! That Kyung Ho killed Kousei! Why can't you just be who you were before? The Lees were keeping you as their linchpin for what reason? So that none of them takes the spot Kyung Ho left behind?"

Hyun Woo began to shake in anger after he heard all of the rude words she had spoken while she was being held by Ryota. Ryota was also pretty much surprised by how Anna spoke to her but still, he had to stop Hyun Woo for giving her a sharp slap. He held his arms and told him, "I know you were hurt by whatever she said but you don't need to hurt your wife in front of the public, am I right?"

"Just take her away from here."

"I'll come back later and report whatever information I had gathered," Ryota told him. "Assemblyman Yang helped me complete the pieces I was confused about."

"Was it against Takahiko again?" Hyun Woo asked them. "If it was about him, make sure to make me accept that he's truly a culprit."

Ryota sighed. "It wasn't about him but it was about—"

"Kang Dong Min wants you dead, freak!" Anna screamed. "You thought I was flirting but I was hoping to find any evidence that connects him to Jang Jun Hee's death!"

Ryota, Hyun Woo, Chae Won, and Assemblyman Yang were all shocked when she shouted those words. All of them just froze in shock as their jaws all dropped open and for their eyes to widen.

"What are you saying?" Assemblyman Yang interrupted. "That man wants him dead?"

"We can't continue talking here out in the open," Hyun Woo said after he took Anna closer to him. "All of you have to get in the house."

...

At the time Anna was done posting everything she knew about Kang Dong Min, Ryota and everyone inside the living room were astounded by the information she was able to gather and discover by her own. Even so, it was also the same thing Ryota had learned while investigating Kang Dong Min and it wasn't new for Ryota.

"Getting close to Dong Min is important," Anna began. "I was trying to make him fall for me since I've had to get information from him."

"With the spiderweb you just did on my wall, are you telling me that my father is connected since our parents are close?" Hyun Woo asked her. "It's true that Dong Min and I had been rivals since we inherited our parents' corporate groups but how is he connected to the Spider Gang and—"

"Lee Kyung Ho wanted to buy his group when it was having money problems five years ago," Anna reported to them. "Apparently, Kang Sung Hee passed away due to fear. He was afraid that his group may only survive by merging into the LH Group."

"Are you saying that Dong Min wanted to kill my father because of that?" Hyun Woo asked her. "How sure are you?"

"No," Anna replied. "Kang Sung Hee borrowed a huge amount from the Spider Gang."

Chae Won sighed. "Why is Takahiko also in the spiderweb? You said it's not about Takahiko? Why is he on top of the spiderweb?"

"He is—" Anna stopped talking when Ryota grabbed her right hand.

"Do you even have evidence to all of your assumptions?" Ryota scowled at her. "What we're you doing, Anna? Why have you placed yourself in danger?"

"What's happening out here, Ryota?" Hyun Woo asked him. "Can you not argue when I am in front of you?"

Ryota breathed and looked at him pitifully. "Anna does have the same assumptions as I do but I can support mine with evidences."

Tae Jun had just arrived that time, meanwhile, Jane Lee crossed her arms after looking at the strange spiderweb connecting Takahiko to Kang Dong Min and the Spider Gang.

"You purposely chose to work under Hyun Woo since you wanted to catch a powerful man like Takahiko, am I correct?" Tae Jun asked Ryota. "Was that an order from the Japanese Intelligence Agency? Are you also working with the National Intelligence Agency to arrest Hyun Woo?"

Ryota removed his hands away from Anna and stared at Tae Jun. "Try to convince your linchpin that I can't believe what my seniors said was true. They specifically sent me since they know I was close to him before."

"Takahiko...!" Hyun Woo shouted. "What is his connection to my father's death?"

"Takahiko tried to kill both of you, Hyun Woo," Anna told him. "He was angry that you chose Kyung Ho than him because of what you've discovered about him eleven years ago when your biological father came to rescue you."

"Rescue me?" Hyun Woo looked at all of them as he was just so confused. "I don't understand."

"I know it hurts to know the truth but it is the truth," Anna said to him. "You have to recover your lost memories, Hyun Woo."

🖤🖤🖤

A/n: Thank you for reading my story!!! I hope you like this chapter! ❤️