Chapter 4

Allison's pov_______________

I walked into class and see an empty spot next to Sam. I go over and sit next to her. 

"Where did you disappear to?" I asked. 

"I took some drugs before class" 

I chuckle. "There's no way you're getting away with that" 

"We'll see" 

Then our teacher walks in and begins the lesson. 

Gale's pov____________________

I walk into Sidney's book fair. She was reading from her book. I leaned up against the wall.

"So... I sat down and began to write a new role that would be my own. A role for a woman who could leave the walls of fear behind and step out into the sunlight... out of darkness" The crowd claps for her. "Thank you" 

"Ok. We're gonna start the book signings in a sec, so buy your copies while they last" Rebecca said.

Sidney then spots me. "Gale. I'm glad you came" 

"Congratulations, Sidney. I haven't had the chance to read it yet"

"Oh, well. You can get one" We both chuckle and then hug. When we pulled a part Sidney noticed someone.

 When we pulled a part Sidney noticed someone

"Dewey! Hey" Sidney and Dewey hug. 

"Hey, Sid. Gale, you made it" Dewey said taking off his heat. We can hear police sirens not far behind. 

"Dewey. What are you doing here?" I asked confused. Behind him, cop cars pull up.

"Sid. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" Dewey turns his attention to everyone in the room. "Excuse me, this will only take a minute, I need you all to stay where you are and remain silent" 

Judy comes in slightly pushing people back into the room. "No one leaves yet, the sheriff thanks you" 

"Can't you wait? I'm running an event here?" Rebecca asked them.

"Ma'am this is a police event now" Dewey said.

I lean into him. "Dewey, what's going on?" 

Judy cut in before Dewey could respond to me."Gale this is police business, if you could just let us handle it-"

"I'm talking to my husband Deputy Judy" I cut her off.

"Listen, there's a phone we believe may have been taken from a scene of a crime. Deputy Hicks has tracked its location back to these coordinates. The rest is need to know" 

"Am I not need to know?" I asked as he pulls out his phone. Hicks shushed me as everyone went quiet. The phone rang came from outside. 

"Boss, I'm hearing something" Deputy Perkins said.

"Sheriff, it's bringing out here" Detective Hoss said as everyone rushed outside. 

"There" Deputy John pointed to a car.