He could see Rain trying to follow along with the conversation, as Yihwa was doing the vast majority of the talking. At one point, Rain's ears turned red at something she had said, causing her to laugh loudly and reach across the table to grab Rain's hand. Phayu watched as Rain quickly slipped his hands into his lap before she could take hold, causing Phayu to barely contain a loud laugh that threatened to erupt.

Once their food had arrived, Yihwa made several attempts to feed Rain from her plate but he had shaken his head. Phayu wondered how he had found a way to politely decline the offers. Maybe he didn't like the food offered? Allergic? Felt a cold coming on and didn't want to share germs? Regardless, Phayu was relieved he didn't have to watch Rain eat from this Yihwa's chopsticks.

Rain stood from the table gesturing to Yihwa that he would follow after her but she remained rooted in her chair. She pouted, saying something to Rain, and then looking up at him with her chin in her hands, elbows on the table. Phayu watched what he considered to be a ridiculous attempt at puppy dog eyes made at his Rain. He almost rolled his eyes. He could see Rain's sigh before he moved behind her, pulling her chair out as she stood and turned to smile at Rain. As she began walking towards the exit, she grabbed Rain's hand, grasping it so tightly Rain would clearly be unable to let it go without attracting attention.

Walking behind her and Rain, Phayu wondered what Yihwa's bodyguards thought about her. Did they find her cute? Hot? Annoying? Childish? Did they do what Phayu should've done and not thought much about his charge at all? Probably. He had glanced at them briefly off and on throughout the dinner and not one of them gave any small hint about their feelings towards this annoying and rather forward girl.

Once at Yihwa's car, Rain paused, beginning a small bow in goodbye only to be stopped by her arms being thrown around his neck. Phayu stepped forward to place a hand on Rain's back as her action had caused Rain to stumble backwards, nearly falling.

"Um, Yihwa, thank you for this evening, but, well, could you please let go of my neck? It's rather, um, tight?" Hearing Rain ask that, Phayu pushed slightly into Rain's back instead of grabbing her arms and ripping them from Rain. His Rain. His. Not hers. His.

Giggling, Yihwa loosened her arms and began to step backwards before surging back towards Rain and kissing him on the cheek. "Bye P'Rain! See you soon," she said, winking before she got into her car.

****************************************************

Turning to close his door, Rain jumped back as Phayu pushed his way into the room, slamming the door behind him. He had expected the silent treatment like last time, with Phayu needing time to decompress before talking to him. Rain suspected, based on the clenched jaw he spied on the car ride home, that Phayu was angry again. But he wasn't expecting an immediate confrontation about the dinner.

"P'Phayu, I promise I didn't do anything to encourage her," Rain started, wondering if Phayu was angry at him this time and not just angry about the event. That maybe Phayu thought he'd done something to make the girl act like a clingy octopus all night.

"I know."

Okay, so that wasn't it. Rain's mind started sifting through the evening trying to find things he'd done that Phayu might be upset about.

"Rain," Phayu sighed.

"Hmmm?" Rain answered, still lost in his thoughts.

"Rain. Eyes on me baby." Rain shook himself from his thoughts and focused on Phayu who didn't really look mad anymore. Well, mad. But, not mad? Sort of?

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad that she touched you without your permission. I wanted to kill her. She made you uncomfortable and nervous. I'm sorry I couldn't intervene and stop her. It's my job to protect you and I couldn't protect you from one annoying as hell girl who wouldn't stop trying to touch you. Kiss you. Practically strangle you. I'm so sorry Rain. So sorry," Phayu gritted out, head bowed before Rain.

Laughing inwardly about why Phayu was upset but also understanding why he was taking it so personally, Rain decided distraction was his best response. Putting his hands on Phayu's shoulders, he pushed him backwards towards his bed, forcing Phayu to sit on it. Phayu looked up at him curiously as Rain crawled onto his lap, grabbing Phayu's cheeks between his hands.

"Let's just forget about it Phi. I'm not mad at you just like you're not mad at me. So, let's just laugh about how ridiculous she acted all night and then move onto other things," Rain said before placing a long kiss on Phayu's lips.

"Other things?" Phayu asked, eyes curling into a smirk.

Rain smiled back knowing he'd succeeded, before attaching himself to Phayu's neck.

Notes:

Okay, it's finally time for some smut. Next week - a continuation of "other things."