"Yeah, it took you long enough!" Malfoy sneered, bringing his hands to his collar to readjust it. His eyes left me and glared at those around us. "People were starting to give me looks!" Annoyance was evident in his tone.

"Hence the apology." I clarified confidently, already regretting a lot of my decisions. I watched him shift uncomfortably for a moment, his orbs drifting up and down my body again.

"I do quite like that green. Suits you... especially compared to that hideous shade of yellow you and the rest of your house mates always wear." 'Was that supposed to be a compliment?'

"Uh, thank you? I think?" I touched the fabric of my dress, knowing that Malfoy took a liking to it. However, I was starting to feel a bit confused; was he being nice or rude? Was he upset with me or liked me? I honestly couldn't tell what his intentions or thoughts were at this point. All I could do was assume he asked me to the ball to rebel against his parents, I being the best candidate for that. I should know better than to think that Malfoy felt anything but indifference towards me.

He then proceeded to hold his arm out of me to take, leading us into the dance room with confidence and grace. Nearly everyone's eyes fell onto the two of us, all shocked to see the Slytherin prince and American psycho together. We found a spot to stand in the crowd as we watched the champions take the floor first. Next came out McGonagall and Dumbledore, then a few more students Before Malfoy and I joined along.

The blonde stood a rather awkward distance away from me as we waltzed. His hand was in the wrong position on my back as well, far too close to my shoulder blades instead of my actual waist. However, I decided against correcting him, not wanting to make things even more weird between us. I found keeping eye contact to be difficult as well, my face heating up each time my [e/c] eyes locked with his own for more than a few seconds. So, I let myself observe the people around us as I spun in circles. I saw professor Moody out of the corner of my eye, humming along to the music and taking a swig out of a flask. I let out a tsk at the sight of the obviously intoxicated man, which got Malfoy's attention.

"What is it this time?" The boy assumed my agitation was due to him. He looked down at his feet for a moment to ensure he was dancing correctly. 'It's not your footwork that's the issue.' I thought to myself, still a little uncomfortable with the odd way he held me.

"Nothing... It's just Professor Moody has a way of getting under my skin sometimes." I explained, looking past Malfoy's shoulder and eyeing the man in question. He was a reckless teacher, sure, but there was more to my suspicion than that. It was something I couldn't entirely explain either, just a gut feeling.

"Well that makes two of us. He should have been fired if you ask me!" Malfoy sneered, his eyebrows coming together as Moody entered his line of sight as we continued to waltz. I couldn't help the smirk which creeped onto my face as I remembered all the unfortunate experiences Malfoy has had with him. It wasn't all too funny in the moment, but now it was absolutely hilarious.

"What's so funny?" He must have noticed the laughter I was attempting to contain. His scowl only made the entire situation even more hilarious. I quickly shook my head, doing my best to contain my humor.

"Nothing, nothing~" I said in a sing-song tone, trying to sound innocent. Once my eyes met his own we both pushed back a smile and failed, laughing out loud hysterically.

"It's not a joking matter!" He scolded me as he was laughing himself. "My father was furious when he heard what had happened. Nearly passed out from anger." Our giggles were now loud enough to be heard over the elegant music, earning us a few scowls from others. As we calmed ourselves down a bit, I decided to move a bit closer to his body and guided his hand down my back and to my waist where it was properly supposed to rest. Upon seeing his sudden flustered expression my face flushed out of embarrassment.