I rolled over to my side, placing my arm on daryl's chest, eventually waking up, and looking at him. He was already awake, one hand resting under the pillow as his other hand held me close to him.

"good morning my love." I sat up, placing my chin on his chest.

"mornin' hun." Daryl grunted as he looked over at me.

"how long have you been awake?" I asked a small yawn coming from my mouth.

"not long." Daryl answered.

"we should probably get up. We have work today." I rolled over and sat on the edge of the bed.

"i don't think you should anymore." Daryl grunted.

"daryl.. i know last night scared you. It scared me too, but i like it better when i'm there. We can protect each other." I looked at him while undressing.

"i don't want nothin' to happen." Daryl sat up.

"babe. I don't trust one of their people being alone with you. I know you can handle yourself, but this is still new to us." I buttoned my jeans.

"i know." Daryl got dressed.

We walked Judith and Rj to hang out with  Carol for a bit since she agreed to take the kids to school while we worked.

Aaron and Gabriel stood on the roof with Hornsby by the time daryl and i showed up. Aaron didn't look happy about whatever had happened. 

"we've been on the road a long time. They know how to handle themselves.." Daryl joined in

"i have another theory. It doesn't make sense for a bunch of crazed, violent strangers to just.. keep the two of you alive. wouldn't make sense for you to lie, and protect these crazy strangers, unless.. they're not strangers." Hornsby looked at Aaron.

"you calling us liars? your guy lost control of the situation. Got himself killed. We barely survived. We're not taking the fall for this." Gabriel looked at the man in front of him.

"okay. We need to smoke these monsters out. Start at hilltop, they could have some people coming their way. Better suit up soldiers." Hornsby looked at daryl and i.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

A group of us walked together, daryl and i standing with Aaron and Gabriel. Suddenly we came to a stop and some walkers snarling could be heard just up head.

"how about you two handle this." Hornsby said.

"you serious?" I asked annoyed.

"we need to save our ammunition. Where's the problem? I was told you can handled yourselves." Hornsby smiled.

Aaron and Gabriel walked forward, Gabe pulling his machete out. The two of them took the half dozen of walkers out, but i couldn't stand watching them do it alone. I joined in to help them, daryl walking up to help too.

"saved you a bullet." Daryl kicked a walkers head toward hornsby.

"barely broke a sweat. Nice! let's keep moving. helmet on soldiers." Hornsby walker again.

Daryl and i stopped and looked at each other, eventually making it to Hilltop. We stopped to look at the Walls built back up. Knowing Maggie wouldn't like that we're here.

Stepping closer to the gates, Maggie and Elijah were standing in the lookout post.

"good to see you again, Maggie." Hornsby smiled.

"what do you want?" Maggie asked annoyed, her arms crossed.

"got some killers on the loose. Thought we should warn you. We're hunting them down." Hornsby stood there.