{2} : Sympathy

Oh my gosh guys, I'm soooo sorry that there was such a delay in this chapter! At one point, I couldn't think of ideas, then I thought of one, then, I got hooked on 'Say yes to the dress' and..it went from there. (Anyody else like that show?) Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!!

(Note: This ENTIRE chapter is a flashback!)

- Nobody's POV -

It was another beautiful morning in the mushroom kingdom when Princess Peach woke up, gleaming. She sat up in bed and stretched after letting out a big yawn. She gets out of bed, then proceeds to put on her fluffy pink slippers, and go over to the balcony. She sighed as she overlooked her kingdom, masked by the sunset which consisted of red,orange,pink, and purple clouds. After gazing for a bit, she looks up into the sky, and grows a shocked and angry look on her face.

A large shadow doomed over her castle. It was Bowser's airship. It continued to fly in the direction of her castle, and when it was directly above it, the airship stopped. Peach gripped the balcony's rails tight, as a clown car descended from the airship in the direction of her balcony. Once the clown car reached Peach's balcony, bowser jumped out.

He had huge bags under his eyes, and looked extremely tired. But he looked up to Peach with determination and a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"Princess," he started. "MAR-" Peach started to yell. "Shhhh, you're going to wake up half the kingdom!" bowser cut off. "Thats the point!!" peach said, rolling her eyes. "Listen, Peach." bowser said. "MARIOOOOOO" the princess yelled once again. Bowser groaned. "Peach, listen to me, I need to tell you about-" he was cut off by the sounds of approaching footsteps. Bowser looked around, and then growled. He then shut his eyes and apologized silently and then grabbed the princess. He jumped into his clown car, and on queue, the balcony door was busted open by Toadsworth.

"Help me!" the princess cried out. "Don't worry, princess!!! I'll get Masters Mario and Luigi to save youuuu!" Toadsworth yelled distantly. The clown car rumbled off, i the direction of Bowser's airship.

...

Mario was sleeping soundly, until he was interrupted by a loud knock on his door.

"Andare via, (Go away) " he groaned, rolling over and putting his pillow over his exposed ear. "Open up, Mar!" A voice on the other end said. Mario rolled his eyes. It was Luigi. Reluctantly, he got out of bed and dragged his feet across the carpet in order to reach the door. When he made his way to the door, he opens it to a frantic Luigi.

"Mario! The princess has been-" he started. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME, DUMBASS?!?" Mario yelled. Luigi just shrunk (not literally) , and shrugged his shoulders. Mario scoffed and ran back into his room to get dressed.

After a while, Mario finally gets dressed and the duo walked out off the house, to go save the princess.

...

"Why, hello Mario and Luigi, dear!!" Ms. Toadene called out, waving from her small garden. "Hi, Ms. Toadene!" Luigi greeted back, waving. Mario groaned. "Can't talk right now, gotta go save the princess," Mario said, trying his best not to sound annoyed. "Oh, your little girlfriend? I know her!!" Ms. Toadene said, continuing to talk. Mario pretended not to hear her and grabbed Luigi's hand and ran off.

"What was that for?!?" Luigi questioned, gripping his hat as the duo ran down the path. "That lady wouldn't stop talking," Mario explained, face-palming. "Okay? That was really rude, Mario! You know the princess wouldn't-" Luigi scolded. "Well guess what, Luigi! The princess isn't here," Mario said, walking ahead. Luigi looked at his red-clad brother and sighed. He wouldn't ever say anything to anyone about how his brother treated him behind closed doors. He loved him too much.