I smile at the thought of my mother and how nice it would've been to be taught by her. I know regardless of whether it was a necessity to learn or not, I think she would've taught me, and considering what happened to them, I'd say it's necessary.

"Yes, my aunt thinks it's unnecessary but that she'll teach me. The thing is..she never does. So I've been trying to teach myself, hence why I come here all the time. It's away from the village and far enough from the palace to not bother anyone should there ever be a mishap with something I'm trying to conjure or shape-shift into. Or if I'm lucky, if I learn how to use my power and possibly hurt myself on accident," I say with a chuckle.

I turn to him and his serious expression until we lock eyes and he tries to pull a fake smile.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Nothing," he goes shaking his head slightly. "I just..." he goes silent for a moment before smiling genuinely and looking at me again. "I just think it's absurd to say it's unnecessary."

"Tell that to my aunt," I say jokingly before laying down to look back up at the sky.

"Perhaps I shall," he says and I twist my brows in amusement and confusion.

"If you ever wish to invite me over for dinner," he jokes.

I laugh at that.

"Right. So you can terrorize my aunt as well?"

"I would never," he says playfully seeming offended as he sits up.

"How on Asgard am I ever to introduce you when I don't even know your name?"

His face twists in uncertainty before responding.

"Ah, the ol' name. I was wondering when you'd ask me," he says truthfully.
"May I add that you haven't told me yours either?"

He says that like it's a challenge.

I sit up and look at his smirk with a stern stare before answering.

"Sage."

I couldn't decipher his reaction at first. He looked shocked, then confused, and finally, what seemed to be delight?

"Sage," he says it slowly like he's in a trance and I grin at him.

"Yes. Now out with it. Tell me yours."

He lays back and looks at me curiously.

"Loki."

I pinch my eyebrows in curiosity.

"Loki," I say liking the way it sounds. "It's unique."

"Yep. I am one of a kind," he says with a smirk making me roll my eyes.

His name sounds so unique and yet I feel as if I've heard it somewhere before.

"So," he goes. "Shall we start again?"

I smile and nod as I turn to him.

"Close your eyes..."

***

One year and a half later