Chapter Three

Tw- References towards PTSD, swearing, signs of trauma, and hints towards abuse.

Please tell me if there are any spelling errors, grammatical errors, or tenses errors I try to look over it but sometimes I miss stuff. :)

Dream's POV:

"I'm not lying, idiot. It happened. He's real."

The raven haired man chewed his food with an open mouth across the table.

Clay cringed at the sound. He scrunched up his face and turned away. "And chew with your mouth closed, your disgusting."

"Dude, I'm getting married next month." He replied with his mouth still half full. He swallowed loudly before continuing. "I have no one to impress anymore. The one person that needs to be into this is in to this." Ketchup fell from the burger in his hands and landed on his hoodie. He picked up the fabric, brought it to his mouth, and licked it clean.

Clays eyes widened at the sight. Nick was never this much of a slob. He was usually even a bit of a germaphobe. Clay landed on the conclusion that he was just a little loopy from all the wedding excitement.

"Karl's a lucky man," he replied sarcastically. Clay had officially lost his appetite. He only had a few fries left anyway. He dumped them in the trash to his left.

"Yeah, so is that ghost with a ukulele you found on the roof of your shitty hotel last night." Nick smirked around the paper straw in his mouth.

Heat burst in Clays chest and his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. "He is real! I'm telling you! And I never said he was a ghost idiot, I'm not crazy. Obviously it was a person, he was just unrealistically entrancing."

"Ooo, entrancing." Nick mocked him in a British accent.

Clay rolled his eyes.

"We're supposed to meet back there tonight." He takes a sip of his own pop and hums around the straw as a second point crosses his mind. "And it's not my fault you wanna get married in the fucking woods with only two hotels close enough. I'm not paying for that five star shit when there's a much cheaper option."

"Why don't you just ask your parents to pay, dumbass? They love me more than they love you. They'd do it."  Nick crumpled the wrapper from his burger into a ball and chucked it towards  the trash can beside their table. He made it in.

"I'm not gonna ask my parents for money when I have my own. They still have two kids in the house to take care of. I'm a grown man." Clay leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"Draya has her own money and she asks them for money all the time." Nick placed his lips around the soggy straw and cringed his face. "Fuck save the turtles. There has to be better ways than dissolving soggy cardboard in our drinks."

Clay left Nicks comment unheeded. "Draya's fifteen. You know the last time Anna asked our parents for money? She was 19. And that's only because she was struggling with paying for her food and rent while keeping her grades up in university. I never even went to university."

"Well hey," Nick pulled the straw out of his lid and started drinking out of the hole it used to be in. He looked like a toddler and it made Clay chuckle. "At least sleeping in that shitty bed meant you met the pretty ghost boy."

"He's not a ghost!" Clay yelled loud enough to embarrass himself.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you a ghost?"

George's eyebrows knitted together. He tilted his head at the stupid question and his lips pressed into a thin line to conceal a laugh.

Silence surrounded the boys as Clay waited for an answer. Anxiety built up in his chest and throat. Instead of an answer, he received a fit of giggles and pointing.