His Nightmares

A/N: I know a lot of people don't like reverse comfort, but if you're dating Levi, uh... he's kinda traumatized, so get used to it <3 Also this chapter is very short lol (comfort coming soon xoxo)

The thin blanket provided by the Scout Regiment was wrapped around Levi's shoulders. You shivered as your eyes flipped open. You could've sworn you heard something. As you sat up, though, you couldn't see a thing. 'It's probably just the cadets sneaking around,' you thought to yourself, resting your head against your pillow once again.

Levi was curled up in a ball, facing away from you. You could still pick out his features in the moonlight, though. His slim face, his furrowed brows, his scowl—it seemed he was grumpy, even in his sleep. You nearly smiled, but his brows created a V shape on his forehead. "No," he whispered, half-conscious.

You sat up and examined him. 'Is he having a nightmare?' He shook slightly in his sleep, his jaw clenching. "Please," he mumbled.

You placed a hand on his shoulder and he flinched. Hard. His eyes flew open and he sat up, grabbing your arm instinctively. It wasn't until he identified your expression that he knew it was you.

"Deep breaths," you told him. Orders; he could take orders. Levi had been taking orders his entire life. This was easy. He inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly, his eyes unable to find yours in the darkness. "Good," you whispered, kissing his forehead. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Levi struggled to find the words, his mouth dry with fear. "Kenny," was all he managed to say. You nodded, handing him the water cup that stood on your bedside table. He drank it, all of it, but his voice remained hoarse. "He left... and my mom—" his words were cut off by a broken sob.

You wrapped your arms around him, shushing him. "It's okay. It's okay, I know."

Levi shook his head. "Why did he leave me? Why does everyone leave me?"

You rubbed his back, your eyes closed. "It's not your fault, Levi. It's not."

"What if it is? What if you leave me?"

"I'm staying. I don't care what happens."

He nodded slowly, his tears dripping down his chin. "I'm sorry," he muttered as he pulled away, his eyes glued to the bedsheets.

"You have no reason to be," you replied, wiping his tears. "It's okay, Levi."

The morning sun peeked through Levi's curtains. He was attached to you like a koala hanging on to a tree. His face was nestled in the crook of your neck and his eyelashes were tickling your skin. His breath warmed the chilliness of your body since the blanket was long gone from the bed at this point.

Still, as he stretched, he greeted you with a kiss on the cheek. "Good morning, love," he rasped, his scratchy voice causing you to smile.

"'Morning, pretty boy."

"Don't call me that," he mumbled, holding you tighter anyway. "Ugh," he rubbed his head.

"Do you need some water?" You offered.

"Tea, and we can make it together," he said.