How A Letter Can Change Your Life

Start from the beginning

The first year Hufflepuffs had a picnic with Emmaline, Marlene, Quinn, and Anthony. It was sunny that day, and they were all under a big tree that kept the sun from shining in their eyes. The pets had also joined the picnic as Lou, Venom, Boots, and Sir Fredrick Pennington the 4th were there, and they were getting along, although Harry noticed that Boots would not stop staring at Lou, so Harry kept Lou close because even though Quinn was insistent that they should bond, Harry was still very much against the idea.

The first year Hufflepuffs shared a compartment on the train so it was quite packed. "I can't believe we are going home." Maryrose said, watching the train start to move. Her hair was teal today, as she discovered she liked it best.

"It was like just yesterday we started." Marty said, sighing.

Jasper agreed. It felt like he had just gotten informed he was a wizard by Professor McGonagall. He could not believe he was now riding the Express home. He remembered his first visit to Diagon Alley, where he got his wand, and all his school supplies, he remembered first finding the platform with the help of Maryrose, and he remembered going on the train for the first time. It was magical, quite literally. He met his best friend on the train, the first real friend he had ever had. His life had changed so much, and he had a solution thanks to Christopher about his brothers, and everything was looking up. Everything, he realised, was going to be okay, and he was thankful for that.

"I can't wait for quidditch next year!" Marty exclaimed, breaking Jasper from his thoughts.

Jasper agreed. "I can't wait, I am so excited!!"

"I am just glad we don't need to do flying class anymore." Harry told them, relief in his voice. "That class was a nightmare."

"And History isn't?" Jonathan asked.

"History is the best." Harry stated.

"Quinn says she is going to contact me through a - a tela - telathing?" Gifford tried. "How do you work it Jasper?"

"A telephone is where you can talk to someone far away if you have their telephone number." Jasper informed him. "Hopefully Quinn will show you. It's quite simple."

Gifford nodded. "I hope."

"Why can't Quinn just use an owl?" Penelope asked.

"Quinn does not like owls, because Jasper told her they set things on fire." Gifford told the group.

Harry snorted. "Jasper they don't–"

"They do!"

After another debate about whether owls can set things on fire or not, they all chatted about their favourite things that happened at Hogwarts that year, and more things they wanted to do over the summer. The few things Jasper was looking forward to next year were quidditch, more magical knowledge and hopefully, Toby coming to Hogwarts with him. He still had hope.

As the train got closer, Jasper got more nervous, but this time he had something to use. Handy defensive spells. He had a solution. He just had to keep reminding himself of that.

They all said goodbye to the other Hufflpuffs, and they went to their parents, but Harry stayed with Jasper. "Crazy to be back, huh?"

Jasper nodded. "Definitely."

Jasper quickly spotted Anthony, and waved him over. Anthony approached them both. "So...tell me how it is?" Jasper asked. "With the Jenkins?"

Anthony nodded. "I will. I'd call you, but I don't think the Jenkins have a telephone. I'll write. I'm kind of...nervous, but their parents were always super nice to us. They're taking us in after all so...I hope it all goes over well. The change, and everything."