"Hey, hey, it's okay. Come here" Harriet hugged her friend, and Caroline started crying. "Calm down, breathe with me."

Harriet stayed with Caroline for a few minutes, helping her control her breathing. When she felt better, Harriet accompanied her to her home, prepared her some tea, and sat by her side.

"Whenever I feel bad, my dad gives me some tea, then he accompanies me to my room and stays with me until I fall asleep" the girl commented to her friend when she handed her the tea.

"Thank you" the blonde murmured and began to drink the tea.

And, as her father had done many times before, Harriet stayed with Caroline until she was deeply asleep. She then returned home, where Zach was waiting for her, informing her of Damon's new situation. He was locked up in the basement, which made the girl feel relieved.

⚜️

"Hello, Damon. Look what I brought you. It's a little blood to make you feel better, but don't tell Stefan" The girl passed a glass of blood to Damon, who was locked up and had not drunk a drop of blood in two days.

"Thank you. I knew you weren't that bad" Damon received the glass and drank a little, but then spat it out when he felt his throat burn.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? It's more vervain than blood" Harriet mentioned with a mocking smile. "That's for what you did to Caroline, idiot."

"I'm going to kill you."

"Do you think I care about your threats? I mean you're locked up and you're not very strong right now" the girl commented with false pity.

"What's going on?" Stefan asked as he arrived in the basement, hearing the small argument between his brother and niece.

"Your dear Harriet gave me vervain, pretending it was blood" Damon recounted, and Stefan turned to look at Harriet, who innocently observed him, making the vampire laugh.

"It was just a lesson, Damon. You're such a baby" the mocking brunette commented.

"Go on, your dad is waiting for you to eat" The Salvatore informed her, and the brunette nodded before leaving, winking at the angry raven-haired man who was watching her 

⚜️

Harriet walked towards her house, after escaping from the school car wash fundraiser, not without telling Stefan that she was leaving.

Before reaching the entrance of her house, she saw Caroline running towards her, scared, so she stopped her and looked at her with a mixture of confusion and concern.

"Caroline, is everything okay? What's wrong?" The blonde only looked at her frightened and then ran off again.

As Salvatore remembered the state Damon was in at home, she became scared at the thought of what he might do to her father, so she dropped her things on the ground and ran toward the house. 

When she saw the rug bunched up as if someone had tripped over it, she ran even faster to the basement. When she arrived, the first thing she saw was her father's body lying on the floor.

She quickly approached him, trying to find a pulse, but couldn't find one. Tears streamed down her face as she realized her father was dead.

"Daddy, please, you promised not to leave me alone, please come back to me" The brunette hugged her father's body as she begged for it to be some kind of sick joke or nightmare to wake up from and see her father alive, bringing her tea like she always did when she felt unwell. "Daddy, please. I need you."