Chapter 1

12 years later

"Good morning, Stefan," Harriet entered the kitchen, greeting the vampire who was drinking a cup of coffee. "I have a question. What should I call you? Uncle or cousin? Since you're going to my school, I need to know."

"Let's say I'm your cousin, but I prefer you to just call me Stefan" The Salvatore replied with a shrug

"Okay. We have to go now. Will you take me?"

"Let 's go."

"Bye, Dad!" Harriet shouted so her father could hear.

"Goodbye, sweetie. Take care!"

Harriet and Stefan left, and thanks to Stefan's vampire speed, they arrived at the school in a couple of minutes, where they separated. Stefan went to enroll and Harriet went to her locker.

"Harriet" she heard someone call her and turned to see who it was.

"Caroline" she greeted her blonde friend.

"I just talked to Elena. I hope she feels better. What if you talk to her? I think you understand her better, your mother also died."

"She died when I was 2 years old. Elena and I are just classmates we are not very close. And I already talked to her on the day of the funeral."

"You're right. Okay, bye."

⚜️

"Will you accompany me to the cemetery? I want to visit my mother" Harriet asked her uncle and he nodded.

This time, they didn't use Stefan's vampire speed so they walked to the cemetery while chatting a bit and the girl teased the vampire since he hadn't taken his eyes off Elena Gilbert all day.

Finally, when they arrived at the cemetery, Harriet approached her mother's grave.

"Hi, Mom" 

The girl changed the old flowers for some fresh ones she had bought on the way.

Harriet spoke a little to her mother while Stefan waited seated nearby until a mist began to come out, leaving the Salvatores confused.

"Are you almost done?" the vampire asked the girl.

"Just give me a moment to say goodbye."

"Okay, I think I heard someone. I'll go check if everything's okay" Harriet nodded and Stefan left with vampire speed.

Shortly after, Harriet walked away from her mother's grave to look for Stefan until she saw him in the distance talking to the eldest of the Gilbert siblings, so she approached them.

"We can go now" she reported to Stefan when she arrived next to him "Oh, Elena, I see you've already met my cousin."

"Are you cousins?" The Gilbert asked, pointing to them.

"Yes, he moved in with my father and me recently."

They fell silent until Stefan put on a confused face and asked Elena something.

"Did you hurt yourself?"

"I don't know" Elena approached a stone and lifted her leg, pulling up her pants to reveal a small cut with a bit of blood coming out. "Oh, look at this. Is it very bad? Hey, are you okay?" She asked when she saw Stefan turn around with his back to her.

A few seconds later when the Gilbert wasn't paying attention, Stefan left leaving a confused Elena.

"He's fine, he just doesn't like blood. It makes him nauseous and sometimes he faints. He didn't want to give you a bad impression."