six

═ ∘◦❦◦∘ ═

═ ∘◦❦◦∘ ═

The sound of the loud music drowned out the people as they spoke around the King girl. She felt nothing but pain and grief as she sat at Amber's kitchen island, letting her own thoughts cloud her mind. The feeling of a cold hand touching her exposed arm, causing Aurora to snap out of her trance, looking over to see the Freeman girl standing beside her with a small smile.

"You alright, Ro?" Amber asked, causing the girl to wordlessly nod her head, sending a small fake smile. "If you need a minute you can always go up to my room."

"I'm fine, thanks." Aurora said, politely declining the girls offer. "I'd rather be around people because if I'm alone my mental health will take over."

"Hey." Chad said, gaining everyone's attention in the kitchen as he held up a shot. "To Wes! Beautiful son of a bitch."
"Shots, really?" Amber questioned, snatching the shot glass from the Meeks-Martin boy's hand. "This is supposed to be a memorial."

"Well, this is how I mourn and distract myself from the looming specter of Death." Chad explained.

"Hey, we're low on beer." Mindy said, approaching the trio, looking at Amber.

"There's more in the basement. I'll go get some." Amber said, turning and walking away from Aurora and the Meeks-Martin twins, causing Mindy to watch her before quickly following after.

"Hey." Chad said, whispering to the girl, placing his hand on her lower back as he took a seat in the chair beside her, causing her to glance over at him. "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

"It just bothers me that all these people are supposedly here for Wes but most of them hardly even muttered a word to him or knew him." Aurora said, glancing around the room at all the blurred faces that she passed in the hallways at school. "It seems like anyone will find an excuse to party nowadays."

"Hey, forget about them." Chad said, placing his hand on the girl's knee, causing her to turn her attention back to him. "The only thing that matters is that we knew him. That fun, loving, geeky kid that we met in elementary school, okay."

"He was geeky." Aurora said, causing them both to let out a light chuckle. "But in the best way possible."

"That he was." Chad said, nodding his head, causing a small smile to grow on the girl's face. "There's that smile, I hate to see you cry."

"Chad." Liv called, making her way to the duo. "I've been looking everywhere for you. I tried calling but your phone went straight to voicemail earlier."

"Yeah, I've been dealing with everything." Chad said.

"Rory." Liv said, finally acknowledging the girl, causing the King girl to send her a small wave before the pink haired girl turned her attention back to Chad. "Can we go somewhere else?"