Chapter Thirty-Seven: My Sweet Nora; Barry West-Allen

Dedicated to AgentofDreams989 and JoshuaSmith943 for all of their amazing support of my work! Thanks so much guys!

Unknown,

Unknown,

Barry's head rang loudly like the inside of a clock tower's bell, his thoughts as chaotic and jumbled as they'd ever been.

And while it would've been that way from everything that he'd just seen moments before, this was a literal ringing, as his head had just dented the far wall of the Cortex.

He looked over at Nora, to make sure that his daughter was okay, who was still on the ground, but conscious and stirring.

She's okay.

The Green Arrow backflipped over the console in front of him (which seemed unnecessarily showboatish to Barry) and landed in front of him, his bow raised with the tip pointed at the speedster's head. He said no words, just staring at him from beneath his emerald green mask.

Why would the Speed Force send Oliver to attack me?

Cicada casually walked around the large desk, moving over to where Nora laid on the floor. She quickly grabbed her by the throat, Nora gasping for air as she was slammed upright against the wall.

" Nora!" Barry cried, worriedly.

I can't let her get hurt! Not like the others!

Barry tried to speed to her, but Oliver's arrow landed in his shoulder, the one opposite to the one the archer had shot earlier.

" Aahhh!" he cried, stumbling backwards and back onto the ground.

" Focus on your fight Barry, you already failed to save her, to save anyone." The Arrow stated coldly from behind him.

Barry looked up at Nora, who (while beginning to get light headed as she ran out of air) gave him a slight nod.

She has a plan.

" Now fight me, Barry!" Oliver yelled, raising his bow to Barry's spine, an angry fire flickering in his eyes.

Barry just laid there, waiting for his que as he intently watched his daughter.

Come on Nora...

" Aww, little Nora having some breathing issues? Like you gave my father?" Cicada taunted, smiling sinisterly as she pressed her enemy further against the Cortex's exterior.

Nora threw her phasing fist flying backwards into the wall, causing debris and dust to come flying out of it and into straight into Grace's eyes.

" Argh!" she shouted, stumbling backwards, while also losing her grip on Nora, as the hero dropped back onto her feet.

The young speedster quickly speed punched Grace right in the side of the face, causing her to fly backwards and into Cisco's nearby work station, Nora taking the momentary breather to regain her breath.

As for Barry, the distraction was just what he needed. He flung his right foot outward and connected it with Oliver's knee, causing him to wince in pain as he lost his angle on his shot. The projectile missed Barry by mere inches as the hero did a double take, pulling the arrow out of his shoulder.

" I doubt that I can talk any sense into you," Barry started, as he stood up, facing who he would always consider to be his mentor, and best friend.

" But could you please tell me exactly what your problem is?!"