"What Hai?" I frowned and moved to sit on his lap. He put his hands on my waist and sighed. I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely.

"I want to start a life here. With you Zuko. I want us to one day have a family in the safest place in the world. Your father can't reach us here. We'd be safe and happy and one day maybe the Avatar can finally defeat him. You can take your place as the fire lord."

"Hai." The way he said that caused me to look down as my eyes dropped. I let my arms slide down and frowned.

"I understand." I said softly. I closed my eyes and sighed. "I'm going to bed." I said standing up. He pulled me back down and held my waist tightly.

"I need my honor back before I can start a life with you the way you're asking me too."

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"Hai." I shook my head.

"No. It's fine. We're done talking."

"Enough." He grunted before flipping us over onto the bed. I looked up at him as he hovered over me. "I love you, Hai. I want to be happy with you and do all the things you're asking of me. But I can't. Not until I have my honor back."

"You don't get it." I said shaking my head. "Honor isn't something someone can just take from you. Honor is something you earn from being a decent human being."

"Hai."

"You have honor. You're just blinded by what your father said that you don't see it." I felt my eyes water and sighed. "You can make your own choices Zuko. I'm not going to try anymore." He didn't move from above me just looked at me before leaning down and kissing me softly.

"I just want the best for you. I want you to have everything but in order for me to do that I have too have everything." He mumbled.

"I'm happy here. With you. I have you and that's all I need."

"I'll help the avatar." He said before his lips attached to mine.

*short skip*

"You seemed to have a nice night." Iroh said as he tended to a now fevered Zuko. I raised a brow as he gave me a knowing look. "Hai, you two are basically married it was to happen one day." My face turned bright red and I rolled my eyes.

"As it is we are already wed in the eyes of the fire nation. Zuko and I love each other so it'll be official as soon as the war has ended."

"I'm not judging you, Princess." He said before sighing and walking into the kitchen to finish whatever it was he was cooking.

"What's that smell?" I heard Zuko say as he awoke.

"It's jook. I'm sure you wouldn't like it."

"Actually, it smells delicious. I'd love a bowl, Uncle." Iroh holds a bowl up.

"Now that your fever is gone, you seem different somehow."

"It's a new day. We've got a new apartment, new furniture, and today's the grand opening of your new tea shop. Things are looking up, Uncle." He starts drinking the jook. Iroh's shocked expression changes to a smile. "Besides I have everything I want." Zuko said as he looked at me. I blushed and smiled.

"Yeah."

Later after we toured our new apartment and put our belongings in there. We went to the new tea shop. The Jasmine Dragon.

"Who thought when we came to this city as refugees, that I'd end up owning my own tea shop? Follow your passion and life will reward you." Iroh said.

"Congratulations, Uncle."

"I am very thankful."

"You deserve it. The Jasmine Dragon will be the best tea shop in the city." I said softly as Zuko agreed with me.

"No. I'm thankful because you both decided to share this special day with me. It means more than you know." Iroh hugs us tight.

"Now let's make these people some tea!" Zuko said before walking to the back.

"Yes, let's make some tea!" I giggled and walked to the front of the room.

*short skip*

"I'm going for a walk, you can handle this for a moment right?" Zuko nodded and kissed me quickly before getting back to work. I smiled as I walked out the door. I walked down the street and soon saw a very familiar face.

"Hai?" Katara said as she stopped in front of me. I smiled. "If you're here that means.."

"Katara, sister, walk with me." She slowly joined me before sighing loudly. "I get it. 'You hate him. He's bad. He doesn't deserve to be here.' Am I right?"

"You're all fire nation." She hissed.

"That is where your wrong." I paused putting a hand out in front of her, stopping as a carriage road past. "Pay attention even while I talk." I said before walking past. "When we decided to come here it was for change. To maybe settle down and forget as much as we could. Just for a short time, until we could be strong enough to fight the fire lord of the Avatar lost."

"But-" I held up a finger and shook my head.

"We have the up most belief that the Avatar will be able to win and as I do know I'm able to bend the purple flame, something not even Azula has accomplished, I am not strong enough to handle him. One day I hope to teach the Avatar the way of fire. The true meaning of it, not the messed up version the fire nations people created. But right now I would like to stay here. I know you have your grudges but has Zuko ever actually hurt you?"

"No, but-"

"He's had many chances to either end your life or leave scars that don't go away. He hasn't. His attacks have always been to just immobilise you. Maybe put you to sleep for a little. Never has he actually hurt you. He doesn't want too. In fact the night I joined you guys on Appa, Aang had been saved by Zuko."

"Yeah, but if Aang dies he's going to be reborn somewhere else and the hunt starts all over again."

"Not completely true. I don't know if Aang told you but if he dies while in the Avatar State, Aang won't be reborn. He will be the last avatar."

"What?" I sighed and stopped walking.

"Ask him. I wouldn't lie to you. This is where I must ask that you not tell anyone that we're here. At least for a little while. Let us be happy for a little longer. I want to remember this feeling for as long as I can." Katara looked at me as I offered her a bow and walked away, heading right back to the tea shop.

"Uncle! I need two jasmine, one green, and one lychee!" Zuko said as I walked in.

"I'm brewing as fast as I can!" Iroh replied. This is my happiness.