"well this is gonna be hella funny cause hes here, somewhere-" kuroo said, laughing more. 

neither of you even knew why he was laughing.

"you think shit funny huh??" your eyebrows furrowed before grabbing the rooster heads ear, making him let out a squeal. "laugh again, ill report you." you sucked your teeth as you got up.

your friend smiling as he watched you walk away.

"she hasnt changed a bit huh?" kuroo asked the blonde who took a seat next to him, seeing that you were now gone. "not at all." kei nodded, his eyes fluttering shut as he leaned into the palm of his hand.

"my baby's gotten so much more pretty, hasnt she?"

"she has, you better start acting fucking right."

"it was rhetorical, and shut the hell up."

.⌗﹕ 𝐓 𝐑 𝐔 𝐒 𝐓﹒🖤

12:16 am !

"fine art, she seh mi cocky a di.." kash sang along quietly before you cut him off, "MI TEK IT OUTTT, BUT SHE SEH PUT IT RIGHT BACKK" you sang before kash shushed you and made you sit your ass right back down on the couch and watch the people dance.

"you're so loud." tobio said, emerging from the crowd with shoyo next to him. "you're so ugly, you dont see me complaining though." you remind your friend who just rolled his eyes and flicked your forehead, obviously not wanting to take the disrespect.

"have you seen kei yet?" shoyo asked you, making you immediately turn your attention to him. "hes really here? i thought kuroo was lying." you asked your orange haired friend. his eyebrows just furrowed as he nodded.

"hes literally with kuroo." shoyo shrugged as he sat down next to kash. you huffed, wondering if you'd ever run into the blonde. its true you havent seen him since he got into his volleyball team, but he looked like he was doing okay when you watched his matches on tv.

obviously you werent doing anything wrong since he facetimed you at least twice a week, making sure everything was okay and even sending gifts.

you werent making up excuses for him but basically they were, since nobody really knew anything about him until he gets on the floor. he became very private, like setting up a wall to the public for an unknown reason.

well only unknown to you.

kuroo knew.

you sucked your teeth at your random thoughts and dispersed from your group, going to the kitchen to find something unopened. you looked around and found a can of sodas in a cooler, so you took a orange fanta out and opened it.

you took a sip as you smelt a familiar cologne, you couldnt quite put your hand on who it was at the moment since your brain wasnt functioning well from the weed you smoked a hour before.

"hmmm.." you hummed as you tried to focus a bit more, "kei. kei wears that cologne when hes at a party." you came to conclusion.

◟🎱.kei pov﹕𓌺

"there goes your little on and off boo kei." bokuto nudged you, making your eyebrows furrow as your half lidded eyes scanned the place before landing on a particular girl in the kitchen.

her hair in red goddess braids, pushed into a side part while she wore a sundress. her nails painted a white french tip and her toes matching as they were visible from her flats.

you just stared, mesmerized as she fixed her septum, both sides of her nose now pierced and an ashley piercing sticking out her plump bottom lip.

yeah you facetimed her every week but she never turned her camera on, just sent occasional pictures of her and her friends which usually didnt contain her face. but when they did her septum and ashley definitely werent there. she was inconsistent on social media as well, only posting the scenery of where she traveled.

how you yearned for her warmth but couldnt face her in this state. what would she think when she saw you in person, for the first time in ages?

would she be mad that you didnt come to see her? that you couldnt hug you all those times she vented to you?

you honestly felt the need to rush over all those times, but every time you got to her door, all you could do was leave a note and walk away.

"kei? keiii?? dudes completely immersed.." kuroo said chuckling as he waved his hand in front of your face. you scowled, smacking his arm away. "stop that, i should talk to her right? what'd she say when you asked about me-" you bombarded your friend.

"woah calm down— kei im sure she still cares about you, saying she loves you still would be too much as she hasnt seen you in a year but she really seemed like she still cared. on top of that she said she'd probably end up fucking you so you're doing great bud." kuroo patted your back, making you sigh in relief.

okay, alright, you got this.

she missed you, right?

you walked to the kitchen watching y/n play papas freezeria on her phone with her drink between her arms to make sure nobody drugged it.

"n/n." you called a bit quietly, earning a hum in return from the girl, who slowly turned away from her game to look at you. she gasped as you rubbed the back of your neck awkwardly.

"hey.." you smiled a bit as the girl shoved her phone into her purse before motioning for you to come closer. doing as she said, you moved closer, a bit paranoid about what she was about to do since last time anybody checked you were very aggressive.

"hey my love.." she said as she hugged you, tears in her eyes, "we should talk right?" you hugged her back and hummed in response, "yeah im all ears. you can ask me anything princess."

iyana ! / author note !
i woulda kicked him in the balls but hey.. its y/n... 🤷🏾‍♀️

TRUST.