𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

BEING THROWN AROUND A SPACE SHIP WASN'T FUN. Currently, some random guy was trying to kill them, by shooting the ship, and it was working. She held onto Grogu, careful not to let him slip out of her grasp and hurt himself.

Red lights reflected on their armour, Mando making a sudden turn, as a man over the comlink said, "Hand over the kids, Mando."

She scrunched her nose in confusion, how would he give them over without them dying from lack of oxygen? This guy was more stupid than she gave him credit for.

Said child had his arms up, thoroughly enjoying the battle, especially being spun around and going upside down.

Suddenly, the ship shook, one of the engines hit, and probably badly damaged. "I might let you live." Again, the ship shook, one of the panels flashing red. An alarm blared, Mando flicking switches as he drove.

"Who the hell is he?" she asked, over the loud noise.

"Hold on."

He steered them upside down, her stomach flipping, before the guy trying to kill them said, "I can bring in warm or I can bring you in cold."

Abruptly, they stopped and went backwards, the other guy's ship flying overhead of them. She felt ill from the unexpected turns of his flying, but I guess what ever gets you to live.

"That's my line."

He shot his ship, which blew up right in front of them. Faeyth breathed a sigh of relief while Mando glanced back to check if they were okay, then started flicking switches, "We're losing fuel."

The engine shut down, the lights turning off and they were encased by darkness. Grogu giggled as she inclined her head toward the emergency power box, making it switch on. Now red lights flickered on, illuminating the darkness.

"Please never fly like that," Faeyth said, her heart pounding.

"At least we're alive," he replied, making her roll her eyes, pressing some buttons, setting a course for the nearest planet: Tatooine.

Inwardly, she groaned, not wanting to visit the shithole of a planet, just the thought of sand getting in her shoes made her cringe. She had been here multiple times when she served the Empire, Lumiya having a lot of Imperial connections there, most of them dead by now.

"This is Mos Eisley Tower, we're tracking you," the Operator told them, "Head to bay three-one-five, over."

Mando hummed, "Copy that. Locked in for three-five."

Somehow, they managed to land safely, though a little bumpy, it was another happy landing. Mando wrapped the sleeping Grogu up in a blanket, putting him in his bed, keeping him safe from wandering around.

"I'm going to get some work to help pay for the repairs and before you ask, you cannot come with me. This planet isn't the safest and it could be a dangerous job. If it isn't I'll come back and tell you," he told her, "If something happens, use that weird witchcraft thing, okay?"

"Okay," she repeated, frowning worriedly as he walked down the ramp. She sighed to herself, sitting against the wall, listening to their conversation about all the things wrong with the ship, hearing Peli muttering to herself, adding things to the long list of repairs, "You've got a fuel leak! Look at this mess...that's going to set you back."

"I have five hundred Imperial credits."

She grabbed the money off him, frowning slightly, "That's all you've got? Well, what do you guys think?"

The tiny droids clamoured unanimously. "That should at least cover the hangar."

He sighed a little, "I'll get you your money."