Chapter 3 - "Hush wise guy"

She had begun to run to her home where she was hoping to catch her younger brother before he did something stupid. The sand wasn't helping her pick up speed, but that didn't stop her from trying to get there as quickly as she possibly could.

As she got closer to the town, she saw the tall, robed man, Qui-Gon Jinn, speaking with Watto, their owner. Anakin was nicer to Watto than Y/n was and as she watched them speak with one another, she saw her brother pushing his speeder out towards their arena, "Anakin!"

She yelled so loud, her voice full of anger that the whole village had practically turned their heads, "Uh oh." Anakin mumbled only to hop into the vehicle and start it up driving away to the racecourse, avoiding his sister with everything he could, knowing that he was going to be murdered by his own sibling.

"You little! Agh!" She let out an exclamation of that she wouldn't be able to catch him and instead turned towards the Jedi master and began to jog towards him.

"How may I help you young one," He smiled towering over her. "What did you say to my brother?"

He continued to smile and nodded understanding her concerns, "Your brother said he could help me out-"

"With your dirty gambling habits? I don't care what my brother may have agreed to you have to call off this deal." She held no remorse feeling as if everything she had known about the Jedi had been a lie the entire time not taking the Jedi as gambling child labourers until she heard what he had to say, "Even if I were to tell you this could grant your brother and possibly you your freedom."

She was in shock not expecting to have heard a word about her own freedom, her priority was always her brother but then she recalled the conversation she had about the Sith lord. "What is the bet?"

"For now it's for your brother, later I will persuade him to give you your freedom. Your brother demanded it." She nodded unsure of how to respond to her with such a calming and hopeful statement. Qui-Gon noticed the look of worry and concern for her brother overwhelming her and the force that radiated from her untamed and powerful.

"He does love you, you need to let him do this for you both."

She smiled at him apologetically feeling bad for giving the man a hard time. She sighed thinking to the benefit this could have for her family only for her mother to come to mind.

"What about my mother?" she asked looking down at the sand as the h/c girls mind began to wonder.

"I am afraid that I was barely able to talk him into any negotiation regarding you two let alone the three of you."

She nodded once again having a fair grasp on the position he was in. all she knew she could do is guarantee two of the threes freedom and come back to save their mother. "I understand. I will go and help him with his speeder but you'd better protect him with the force out there because this is dangerous."

He let out a sympathetic grin and looked at the girl reassuring her, "I don't think we are going to be the ones using the force to take care of him. He is more powerful than you think. The force brought us here to take you both."

"How did you know I was-"

"Our first encounter was enough to tell me what I needed to know, as well as that, my padawan keeps me informed." He spoke lifting his communicator.

She shook her head laughing to herself, remembering the abrupt departure. "Tell him I apologise for leaving so suddenly."

"You can tell him yourself." Qui-Gon offered the girl holding it out for her to take a hold of.

Smiling quite widely, she accepted the communicator and spoke into it expectantly, "Hello, Your master Qui-Gon gave me his communicator. This is Y/n by the way."