chapter one

"Yesss! Rainbow Dash is, once again, victorious," the rainbow-haired athlete yelled across the pitch.

"That's it, I'm done playing with you. You win," Sunset Shimmer, Dash's stubborn competition, sighed.

"Sore loser."

Sunset scooped the football out of her own goal and lobbed it back at Rainbow Dash, who caught it subconsciously. The pair of them jogged back to the stands, where their five other friends sat watching in support.

"Woooo Dashie you did it!" Pinkie Pie jumped up and swung her arms around the winner. Rainbow Dash grinned, accepting her win as she had done several times before. Sunset shook her head, and Applejack playfully rolled her eyes at the pair of them.

Sunset Shimmer and Rainbow Dash were a comedic duo. They treasured the moments they could compete with eachother, and their friends loved to see it too. Their balanced attitudes kept the friendships among them all stable... most of the time.

"Come girls, I heard the bell. We should get to class," stated Twilight, the mom of the group.

"What class do y'all have? Ah cannot be bothered for math right now..." Applejack groaned.

"I'm with you there Applejack. Its been a long day and simultaneous equations are gonna drain the last of my energy," Twilight smiled half-heartedly, fixing her glasses to her face.

Sunset bent down to tie her lace, "I have English, with Rainbow and Rarity-" she stood back up, "And you guys have a free period right?" Sunset asked the remaining pair.

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy nodded in sync. Each of the girls said their goodbyes and spilt off to where they needed to go.

English was one of Sunset's favourite subject. She did have two of her friends in the class with her, but even so, she enjoyed the lessons, and she was good at it.

However Rainbow Dash, sat next to her, did not feel the same way at all about English. Rainbow was a very active person, and putting her in a room learning about words for an hour and a half was way too much to ask. Rarity sat the other side of Sunset, and she wasn't fussed about the subject.

An hour into the lesson and everyone was tired.

"Only thirty minutes left, and then I'm literally running home..." Rainbow sighed, her butt on the edge of the seat.

"You've been counting the minutes since we got into class darling, have some patience," Rarity leaned over Sunset to scoff at Rainbow Dash.

Sunset was busily writing away.

Rainbow Dash smirked, waited for the perfect moment, then nudged Sunset's arm just as she put her pen to paper, creating a long black ink scratch across her page of writing.

Sunset's eyes widened. "Dash! Do you mind?!"

"Sunset Shimmer, please lower your voice and have some respect for those around you," their teacher shook her head disappointingly.

"Sorry Ma'am," Sunset mumbled. Rainbow was in stiches, laughing to herself in silence. Sunset gave her the side eye.

She carried on writing.

"Twenty minutes left," Dash whispered, as close to Sunset's ear as she could get.

"Shut up," Sunset whispered back.

This went back and forth until the end of class, and then the bell finally rang, and Rainbow was out of the class before Sunset or Rarity could even blink.

Rarity sighed, laughing at their friend, "Shall we go find the others?"

Sunset nodded and the rest of the girls met up outside the school, minus Rainbow Dash who was long gone.

Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight and Sunset stood outside, their usual spot near the statue that focused the college. Each girl was tired, and just wanted to go home.

"Where's Dash?" Applejack propped up.

"She left as soon as she could. She practically left a fire trail behind her when she ran out of English," Rarity laughed, shaking her head.

"That's not like her, to leave without saying goodbye..." Fluttershy said, in the usual soft tone she spoke, although sounding ever so slightly softer today.

Sunset shrugged, "I guess not, but she seemed pretty tired in class. She probably couldn't be assed to wait, and I'm all for that." The rest of the girls nodded and chatted approvingly, no longer worried about their friend.

Sunset Shimmer and Twilight lived near enough to each other, and so walked to and from school together.
"Come Twi, let's go. I wanna go home so bad," Sunset sighed, drained from her long school day. Twilight nodded, and swung her bag over her shoulder.

"Bye girls, we'll see you-"

"Monday! We'll see you Monday cause it's finally the weekend!" Pinkie bounced excitedly. "Or we can meet up - either way, it's Friday!" She grinned, and her always joyous energy once again lightened the mood of the group. Everyone was happy.

Twilight and Sunset broke away from the group and embarked on their walk home. Sometimes they got the bus, but summer was just beginning and the sun felt nice on a walk, especially after a long winter of cold and rain. On a sunny Friday evening, everyone was happy.

A/N : First chapter done AND I have ideas about the story AND things are going well SO... please stick at it there's more to come 😭<3