𝕫𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕪𝕔𝕜 𝕩 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕩 𝕚𝕤 𝕩 𝕨𝕖𝕚𝕣𝕕 ~ Chapter 1.4

Zevil Island starts, Y/N get's their target badge quickly, but notices a presence following them. Who is it? Are they after their badge?

The time locked in the room had finally ended, the fivesome exiting quickly. You realized after much time, you were going in a circle. Going the other way, you ended up in a room.

The choice was the hard route, which would take to long, or the easy route. However, the easy route would only be able to be three people going through. Leorio didn't hesitate to start fighting for the position, and was soon followed by Killua and Kurapika. "Ehe..." Gon laughed nervously. "Wait! Everyone, vote for the hard route! I have an idea!" he called to the group.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

a/n: I lowkey don't remember what happens and im lazy so we skip to when theyre on zevil island your target is some random guy idk

"Could I have your badge?" you said, approaching the ugly man. He laughed, "What? Your just a kid, I'm not afra-!" You choked him. "You making this harder for yourself. Just get your target badge and three more." you said, not a trace of compassion in your tone. A small amount of bloodlust came from nearby. You didn't recognize it and immediately looked around, dropping the man. He fumbled for his badge, threw it at you, and ran away. "Stupid man." you mumbled. Who was it that had such strong nen? A friend of Hisoka's? Possibly. You shrugged it off and sat down, pulling out a Gameboy and playing Tetris. "Damn, I should'a put that there instead... oh, Hey! Hey Killua!" you mumbled, but realized Killua had approached you and spoke up.

"Yo." he answered nonchalantly, "What're you doing?" You threw the Gameboy to him and he nodded, "Gotcha. Why the fuck did you bring a Gameboy to the exam?" You grinned, "I can always get a new one if I need to, stupid. Live a little." He stared for a moment, but then responded. "Seriously? I'm a literal assassin, the fuck you mean 'live a little'?" you shrugged, "Whatever."

He frowned and threw the Gameboy at a tree, smashing it.

"Damn." you sighed.

"Isn't the phase almost over? You've gotten your target's badge, yeah?" he asked. "Yeah, of course." you nodded, "You?" He nodded back and as the phase ended, the two of you walked back. You tried to ignore the strange, fluttery feeling in your stomach, unbeknownst to you that he was confused by the same feeling.

"Gon, Kurapika, Leorio!" Killua called out, the trio finally making it just in time. "Why are you always beat up, Gon?" you asked. He laughed. The remaining examinees boarded the airship, preparing for the final phase.

»»---------------------►

"Number 44."

A voice called from the speakers. Apparently, the chairmen was personally interviewing everyone. Probably for a reason like pairing us up. You shrugged it off as you figured you would be called soon.

"Number 99...Number...Number...Number 301..."

You were next. You stood from your seat as you heard the speaker, "Number 317." You went to the room in which the interviews were being held. "Hello, Y/N. I'd like to ask you a few questions. First, who are you keeping your eye on?" Netero began. "Positively, Killua, Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika. Kurapika and I are getting along well, Leorio is cool, Killua... makes me happy, and Gon's my friend too! Oh, and negatively, Hisoka. I hate Hisoka." He nodded at your response. "Okay, second question: Who would you least like to fight?" Ah, I see. We will be fighting based on what we say. You nodded, "Ah, probably the same people. I don't wanna fight my friends, and Hisoka's a creep when someone fights him." He informed you you could leave and you nodded. You left the room, waiting for the final phase to commence.