(Y/N) opened the door as silently as she could and quickly peeked her head out, trying to decide where to go. She had only been in the house once before, but she just had to take the risk of not knowing the layout. To the right was a hallway with a few more doors and the front staircase leading to the house's foyer, and to the left was a continuation of the hallway, but at its end was another staircase. Knowing that the ladder in the backyard was the only way she would make it over the stone walls surrounding the home, there was no chance she would try the front door. She decided to take her chances, bolting out of the room and to the left, assuming that her footsteps could be heard but not wanting to go too slow and get caught. (Y/N) flew down the stairs, her heart feeling like it would erupt, a deep pit growing in her stomach.

The girl reached the end of the stairs, relieved to see the double doors she had found last time. She ran over, speedily unlocking the door, her hands shaking from the stress. Just as (Y/N) got outside, not bothering to close the door, she thought she heard a door from upstairs open. It was definitely now or never. Running faster than ever, she sped across the garden, leaping over shrubs and other varieties of flora. She was just barely able to make out the ladder in the dim outdoor lighting. The teen clawed her way up the rungs, grateful that it was tall enough to get her up the wall. Just as she reached the top, she quickly looked back, praying that no one was close behind. She thought she saw a couple of the lights upstairs turn on, but it looked as though no one had made it to the backyard yet. Not wanting to risk it, (Y/N) kicked the ladder from the wall and hopped down. She restarted her run, this time making her way through a heavily wooded area.

She was completely disoriented. This wasn't too surprising, considering that (Y/N) was unfamiliar with the area, and it was extremely difficult to make out anything with only the moonlight guiding her. Even still, she pushed on, deciding that going straight until she reached a road was her best bet. While she ran through the woods, trying the best she could to avoid running into anything, the girl thought of where exactly she should go. She had considered going to Keshi's house, but she wasn't even completely sure where that was, not to mention that it would undoubtedly put him in danger. As much as (Y/N) wanted to see him, it would have to wait until she could ensure his and her safety. That being said, she knew exactly where she had to go; the police station. Her parents had always told her to go to a police station if anyone would ever follow her, and this had to apply.

Just a couple of moments later, (Y/N) could make out what looked like the end of the woods. As she drew nearer, it seemed to lead into a backyard. The girl became even more motivated, now beginning a sprint. She made her way out of the forest, continuing through the backyard. (Y/N) hoped the owners couldn't see her, knowing she probably looked like a lunatic running through someone's property in the middle of the night. She finally reached a suburban street lined with houses that were practically indistinguishable from each other. The area didn't seem familiar to her, but she was sure she could figure it out. One end of the street ended in a culdesac while the other jutted off in different directions. Hoping that the boys were far away, she ran towards the beginning of the street, where the street names were. The culdesac name didn't ring any bells, but the road it connected to sure did. (Y/N) remembered one of her friends from middle school that lived in this neighborhood. Not taking the time to reminisce, (Y/N) took off again, now more sure of her sense of direction.

The girl sped down each street, useful pieces of her memory to create a mental map. Soon enough, she reached the entrance of the neighborhood, overcome with relief. But she wasn't done yet. She still had to figure out where precisely the police station was. This would be so much easier if she just had her phone!

Just as (Y/N) began wracking her brain for ideas of what to do next, she saw a pair of headlights nearing the neighborhood, the turn signal indicating they were about to enter. Not having many other options and doing what she thought any sensible person would do in her shoes, (Y/N) ran in front of the car. The vehicle came to an abrupt stop, a loud honk following. The girl ran to the driver's side of the car, praying to God that whoever was driving would roll down their window. After a second or two, the driver did exactly that. It was a young woman looking to be in her mid-twenties. She had a frightened expression on her face, and (Y/N) couldn't exactly blame her.

"Look, I know this is probably sketchy as hell, but I need you to drive me to the police station." (Y/N) panted out, exhausted from all of the running and the stress of her situation.

"E-Excuse me?" The woman seemed shocked, seeming about ready to drive away.

"Please, I'm begging you. I need to get to a police station. I'll pay you. I'll do whatever you want, but I have no other choice right now other than to ask for your help."

Perhaps hearing the girl's desperation or seeing the sincerity in her eyes, the woman gave an unsure nod and unlocked her car door.

(Y/N) ran around to the passenger's side, quickly hopping in the car.

"Y-You said the police station, right?" The woman still looked petrified.

"Yes, the police station."

The woman nodded again, hesitantly turning her car back around to the main road, allowing (Y/N) to breathe out a sigh of relief.

"You have no idea how grateful I am."