Chapter Four: Foggy

Start from the beginning

"Tell the Dearests about disrespect!"

Whitty heated his body up even further, glaring into AGOTI's magenta colored eyes. He could see the damage he had done to the Corruption, the Digidevil's right arm having a deep magenta colored burn scar on it. The bomb head had read that due to being a living VHS tape, AGOTI was twice as sensitive to flame. That said, one with fire powers had the clear advantage and the Corruption continuing to irritate Whitty was not helping its case.

"Stop babbling to me about my past unless you want your other arm to be burned. Now if you'll excuse me, I have friends to find." Whitty continued as he turned to walk away.

"Even now, you push me away. But what else would I expect from a doomsday weapon?"

Whitty wasn't even wasting his breath to give the corrupted Digidevil a response. He started to continue his way down the alley only for the Corruption to unexpectedly kick the taller rockstar's legs from beneath him, sending him crashing into a puddle.

"It's fine though - we're all doomsday weapons in the shadow of the Corruption."

Whitty quickly picked himself up, water dripping from his sweatpants. Quickly swinging his arms around, the bomb head charged a bright yellow-orange fireball in his hands, hurling it at the corruption's chest. The Digidevil blocked it with his uninjured arm, a magenta burn now forming on his left arm.

"All you're doing is harming him. Your flames are doing nothing against me."

"I don't care!!"

Whitty took off running before the Corruption could get another word in edgewise. Sure, he cared. He honestly cared very much. Whitty was never the best at making new connections. AGOTI was always in his face, obvious about wanting friendship. However, every time he signed a book or T-Shirt from the Digidevil, every new song The Prince of Darkness wrote, Whitty never knew how to respond. How to be friends with someone who was a competitor in almost all aspects of life.

It had been easy for Whitty to connect to Carol and Hex. Carol especially - she never demanded friendship. She simply helped Whitty out when the going got tough and those favors blossomed into a deep friendship. The same had happened with Hex. While the android was a little more energetic than Whitty liked, he never demanded to be friends either. He was there to lend an ear when Whitty had things on his mind, there to play a game when Whitty felt like trying to play. AGOTI wasn't quite like them - he had never done anything for Whitty other than be a nuisance by demanding his friendship.

Still, it didn't mean the Digidevil deserved to be left for Corruption.

Right now, though, it was leave Corruptions be or become one.

As he rounded the corner of the Pizza Palace, Whitty stole a glance behind himself. Nothing but an empty, dark sidewalk looked back at him. Good. He lost the Corruption.

"Well, now. I didn't think I'd be seeing you hanging around these alleys."

Whitty spun his head back around as he spotted a teal haired man sitting at the back stoop to Pizza Palace. A to-go bag from McDeedle's was beside him, brown eyes barely visible beneath his beat up brown hat.

The bomb head was debating on whether seeing a Corruption would have been better than this.

"Oh...it's you."

"Geez, I thought you'd have more enthusiasm since it's been, hm, two years since we talked last? I was wondering if that cloud guy had gotten you. Glad he didn't." the man continued casually.

"And I was wondering if you'd gone and died a second time. Today's not the day, Garcello. I'm not in the mood."

Whitty knew what he just said was insensitive from the expression on Garcello's face which he quickly turned away to hide. Whitty didn't care. The two of them had history that ran deep. History that they hadn't discussed in a long time and that Whitty didn't care to discuss again either. It was embarrassing, stupid even. Not worth ever speaking of again.