Meeting Henry Emily :)

Start from the beginning

I was met by the smell of greasy pizza and soda, even if it was just 1pm. There were kids running and tripping over. And also there was some guy eyeing me from the side of the place, a guy with brown hair and silver eyes. Surely nothing wrong about it - wait, a guy eyeing me?

And he's starting to walk to me. Of course. I tried to get away discretely by walking towards the ordering counter, but I felt his hand in my shoulder and shuddered at the touch, like it was a ghost and not a human who was touching me.

Really, I need someone else apart from my cat in my life.

I sighed, and with an uncomfortable smile, turned towards him unplugging my earphones and looking up to his, if I could take a guess - 6,3 body.

"Hello, dear. No offense, of course, but may I ask why you're here? You certainly have no kid around, and you know, it's a bit weird for a grown adult to come to a kids place."

He said smiling, well more like smirking at me, and eyeing me suspiciously.

Was this guy accusing me of being some sort of pedophile? Well that was just offensive.

"What? No! I'm no pedophile, I'm not sick! Can't I just eat here?"

He sighed and his shoulders slumped, worsening the posture of his tall frame.

"Sure you can, I meant no disrespect. I thought you came here to apply for a job. We're quite desperate, and my work partner is getting worries sick we might have to close the place. Ill leave you be, sorry for the interruption."

He says now a bit more serious.

"Wait! Are there really available jobs I could take? Money would do me some good..."

I said now more interested. A job could give me money, and with money I could buy better things. Easy. It can't be that difficult, right?

"I'm glad you're interested. If you'd like, I can take you to my work parter/ co founder, so you can discuss it."

He says. He quickly looks around, checking nobody is watching, and then he takes out a little liquor flask and gives it a swig. At least he follows his own rules in a children's restaurant.

"That would be nice, yeah. Can I still eat here tough?"

I asked jokingly. Right after he took that swig from the flask, I noticed that he reeked of cigarette smell, but not completely in a bad way. I've smoked before, so it didn't really bother me.

He made a signal for me to follow him and started walking quickly, with his long legs. I followed him, feeling like a little kid following their parents. Soon, we arrived at a door which was closed, but it had a name.

Henry J. Emily.

I supposed that was the name of said co founder, but I didn't move a muscle. I wasn't one to get paralyzed when nervous, but I couldn't bring myself to move. An actual job interview right now did make me nervous.

"Go on, darling. He's a really nice person. I'll be right here beside you, in this office."

He says pointing at another closed door next to Henry's one and then taking another swig of liquor.

Then, he walked away leaving me alone. That bastard. Wasn't it obvious I was nervous enough? I breathed profoundly before lifting my hand in a slow movement, and knocking on the door. The first few minutes it was all silent, and I was about to leave to go get my pizza and leave this place, but then the door suddenly opened.

It was all so fast I didn't notice the little girl running on me and crashing with my body, her raspberry slushee spilling all over my clothes. I didn't notice it until I felt cold. Ice cold. Dammit. My only good-looking clothes were ruined. Then, I heard a voice, a worried voice.