Chapter 55 : Hogwarts Revamped I

Chapter 55

Hadrian and Lily came out of the floo inside the Headmasters office where Dumbledore and others teachers were present. Along with them was The Minister of Magic, Amelia Bones, and the Board of Governors that was made up of - Sirius Black, Frank Longbottom, Theodre Nott Sr, Edgar Bones, Cyrus Greegrass, and others.

~FLASHBACK~

"Oh no, Mr. Potter, it's not a Potter account. No, this account belonged to Godric Gryffindor." Ragnok informed Charlus and Hadrian as they were meeting.

"So it is about 4 other inheritances," Hadrian said. As he expected, there was a massive workload regarding the inheritances. He had not yet looked over the finances that his lovely ancestors had left behind, but for some reason, Charlus had that strange twinkle in his eyes... Dumbledore may have influenced that.

Ragnok Nodded his head and replied, "Yes, and since you are the heir to Gryffindor, everything in the account goes to you."

"So, what does that mean exactly?" Hadrian anxiously asked.

Ragnok walked over to the desk and pulled out a file, turning back smoothly and walked to the table and sat down. He opened the file and pulled out a piece of paper, "It looks like you own several houses, a lakeside property, and some monetary inheritance, which will be transferred to your vault."

Upon hearing this, Hadrian slowly relaxed, "That's not too bad.. You made it sound like it was something shocking," he said with a relieved laugh.

Charlus smirked at him and said, "He might have forgotten to mention that you also own Hogwarts."

Hadrian's laughter caught in his throat as he stared at his grandfather. He didn't blink, he didn't move, he didn't even breathe. He just stared at him. After a few seconds, he took a deep, gasping breath.

"How!? I thought the founders left Hogwarts for the Ministry to handle?" Hadrian asked, blinking up at him.

"When the Founders decided to build the school, each founder contributed an equal amount of money to have it built. After it was built, they filed the deed to the castle, and each Founder got a fourth of the property. This was to allow for equal ownership. They also agreed that if for some reason one of the bloodlines were to die out, the deed from that particular bloodline would be transferred over to one of the other bloodlines. This was a safety measure created to make sure that none of the bloodlines ever lost control of the school," Ragnok explained.

"As the generations passed, control of the school was taken over by the Ministry, and the deeds were forgotten. When Voldemort rose to power before you were born, he killed off the last of the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff bloodlines. Which meant that the control of their deeds were transferred to Gryffindor and Slytherin. Once you were chosen as the Gryffindor and Slytherin Heirship, all four shares of the deed now belonged to you, giving you full ownership of Hogwarts. The castle is yours to do with what you want. There is also a vault that the Founders had set up for running the school, should you decide to take it out of the Ministry's control. Money is always being added to the vault, no matter who has control over it. Initially, the Potter's gifted the vault to Hogwarts and with it, a huge fortune. Not to forget that the founders also added some of their family fortune into it. That money was tactically used by Lord Salazar Slytherin, with the help of Gringotts, and they set it up in such a way that money constantly flows in from various investments in profitable wizarding businesses," Ragnok explained.

"Does the Ministry of Magic know about the vault?" Hadrian asked.

"Yes, the Ministry does know about it. They tried to gain access to the funds many times but we would not let them access it. It was a pact signed between the Goblins and the Founders that the vault could only be accessed by one of the heirs, since they are the true owners of Hogwarts," Ragnok informed him.