32. Kili | Fallen Durins

Start from the beginning

Stopping completely your hand rose to your hair griping the jewel encrusted beads he had fashioned for your wedding, removing them as Bilbo did the same before they were abandoned on the half wall as Thorin shouted, "WE HAVE DECLARED WAR WITH THE ELVES! IF YOU LEAVE YOU WILL NOT BE GRANTED MERCY!"

Glancing back your eyes locked with the stern yet crumbling to exasperated gaze pouring from the chocolate eyes of the young Prince meeting your glowing pair with one last firm plea only to hear, "If you refuse to protect your kin I will hate you for eternity." Shifting your gaze you met the flaming blue eyes of the panting King, "I will never forgive you for abandoning your people."

Their gazes dropped with the weight hitting them as they eyed your bare undone braids, and with another blink the heavy doors were sealed behind you forcing the pair to the ground with pained gasps breaking into pained sobs.

Facing forward Bilbo's hand shifted across his middle to stroke along your arm he was clutching tightly confirming, "He'll snap out of it, they won't hold to it. They can't." Shifting your eyes to him you nodded sharing a teary gaze hearing the approaching hoof beats from the Elven King approaching from Dale with a small guard to claim you for the escort back as his eyes scanned to the forest line in the distance spotting his forces reading to move again.

Taking the first step your hand landed on your stomach with still no visible sign of growth reminding yourself what you were protecting before it lowered again. A reminder that broke through the granite wall holding you back from your next step, with each after coming easier than the last while the kind smile of the Elf King neared you as heavy boots rising over the hill behind Dale.

.

Nearly in the center of the clearing the Elf King dismounted passing your bags to a guard that raced off to leave them among the troops while the Dwarves from the Iron Hills approached.

The fiery haired King stepped into view eying you and Bilbo at the King's side before raising a brow to ask, "Should I even bother to ask if you're here to bar my entrance into our homeland?"

Thranduil drew in a breath to reply, "I am merely here to escort these two to my lands, pass freely we will be gone..." His eyes lowered to you as your head turned in a distant gaze before you charged at the giant Boar, leaping onto its back straddling Dain's left leg to curl your arm around his back drawing him backwards as your left hand caught the black arrow that would have hit him in the opening in his helmet.

Turning his gaze to you as your arm lowered, releasing his back as well flicking the bow from over your shoulder out to fire it back killing the orc scout on the ridge behind Dale on a now fleeing warg at its rider's sudden drop. Meeting his gaze your breathing staggered as you spoke in a hushed tone, "Oh no." Gripping his shoulder tightly through your shocked jump at the giant worm breaking through the earth allowing orcs to exit the new hole.

Glancing at you sideways realizing his hand had gripped your legs through the sudden appearance, playfully asking, "Not so sure of your skills now are you there Elleth?"

Without meeting his gaze you noticed his smirk dropping at your trembling breath and dropping tears as you whispered, "I'm pregnant." Barely audible over the fleeing Elven Steeds frantically being called for by their former riders.

Blinking in shock he felt you dismount and ready a pair of twin blades you drew from across your back as the Elven King and his men circled you and Bilbo who timidly offered up Sting, with a stern shout the Dwarves readied as the Elven forces swarmed in around them adding to the lines while metal began to clash. Trying all they could the two Kings and their closest men fought to remain at your side only to see you get drawn farther and farther away eventually being forced to flee into Dale with another faction of Elves racing after to aid you.