13. Thranduil | You Tell Him

Start from the beginning

His grin doubled spotting Turo circling the bushes out of her view quietly sniffing the woman with his chosen partner, "Our herds are not prone to bolting, unless you give them reason to." In a stolen glance at him his hand rose from her lap and his curled fingers rested under her chin turning it to her left making her eyes go wide and lips part seeing Turo blinking down at her with his snout just a few inches from her nose. "Turo, this is Lady Pear."

Up again she was helped and between her giddy squeaks the King led her to Turo's young who circled her and gladly enjoyed her strokes across their bodies with the young sisters gladly hopping onto her lap when she crouched to greet them. Distant calls for the King again had her eyes on him rising to his silver crown filled with seeds and tiny blooms in the first week of spring. To keep her from bowing or addressing his title he spoke first, "It has been five centuries, since last I've seen you."

She nodded with a weak grin, "Lord Elrond's sons quite unruly it seems, Lady Celebrian called for me, though now they seem to have calmed with the arrival of their sister." After wetting her lips she stated, "Congratulations, on your heir. I apologize for missing the proper welcoming ceremony, there was a mishap with some goblins."

His lips parted and he stepped closer making her shake her head, "No, no injuries, spent a few weeks with a brace in Beorn's hut outside your borders when our wagon overturned. I have been growing accustomed to my new duties."

"I am glad you are safe. I will have to send him a gift in return." Making her grin a bit wider, "If you find yourself at odds with the position kindly alert me. I wish for you to be comfortable here."

"I am," again the King was called for and she stated, "Perhaps we should return to our duties, lest they rouse a search party."

Regretfully he returned and back to where his wrap was he blinked then turned extending his arms at her lifting the garment for him. That grip on his wrist, those gentle pats and touches on his arms confirming the cloth was in its best placement was what he clung to. The loving glance over her peaceful expression in stealing another glance at the forest blocking the sight of the Elks the distant Queen spotted, though it only lasted a moment the stolen glance and peaceful grin of the King spurred on what the Kingdom had expected least, the triggering of the much anticipated venture of the Queen and Consort off to Lothlorien in the first stop of their trip to the Grey Havens.

The young Prince had taken it the worst leading to a near constant place in the King's arms bringing the Elf Lords to his kingdom instead of Lothlorien for their usual meeting trying to help their friend out. In the abrupt change he had sunk back to a harsh demeanor with no kindness for anyone but the infant Prince clinging to him so in the loss of his mother. And no one, not even the object of his affections had been able to escape it.

*

Three hours you had spied on an abandoned nest, and with another round of finches bribed to find their mother the verdict came back clear. Gently in the sash draped around your waist you wrapped the still warm nest you carried back to the palace grounds. Through the grounds near the stables you went and came to the nesting grounds for the hens with a pair of Elleths outside with baskets of eggs collected for the Nobles' breakfasts. Looking you over the elder of the two asked, "Is there something we could assist you with, Lady Pear?"

In a quick grin you asked, "Would there happen to be a hen with a bare nest?"

The younger nodded and pointed out the oldest hen in the bunch glumly walking from the bowl of feed added to their pen earlier to her barren nest only to turn slightly afraid at not being useful in your crouch outside the pen. "Hello," showing her the nest her feathers fluffed up excitedly in your asking, "Would you be willing to warm these for me?"