Chapter 10 - The Alpha Meeting: Part One

Start from the beginning

"We are all set to venture out to the Crescent Pack," Adrian informs.

"The Crescent Pack? I thought the meeting was being held at the Eclipse Pack?" Max asked, who had came out to see us off.

"It was originally, but there was a recent attack on their pack, so they had to move the meeting for safety precautions. Alpha Mason offered his pack grounds for the meeting. All Alphas agreed with the change in location," Tyler filled him in.

"Rogue attack?" Max suggests.

"We suspect so, but it will be discussed during the meeting. I think this is another attack from the Rogue Alpha," I supply.

"Why would the Rogue Alpha attack the Eclipse pack?" Tyler asks.

"He probably already caught wind of my relation to the Alpha," I reply.

"What relation? I'm not aware of any blood or nonblood ties to that pack. Your father never made any deals with that pack, for obvious reasons," Max states.

"Well, umm the current Alpha is sort of my Mate," I reply sheepishly as I feel heat rush from my neck to my cheeks.

"Oh well that ma- what?!" Tyler chokes out in shock. "When did this happen and what do you mean sort of mate??"

"We met at the Alpha meeting three years ago. I said sort of because well... umm well.. he rejected me," I reply feeling embarrassed.

"Why the fuck would he reject you?! When I get my hands on that little prick I-"

"You will do nothing," Max interrupts Tyler's rant. "Unfortunately, he is now Alpha of the Eclipse Pack and this will only start a battle we can't afford with everything going on."

"But-"

"But nothing. Your dad is right Ty. We have to pick and choose our battles, and this one is just not worth it," I cut in.

"I'd still like to kick his ass though," Tyler growls out.

"I can agree on that," Max joins.

"There is no need. It's been years. I'm over it. There are far more important things at hand, so we should get a move on. We have a three hour drive to the Crescent Pack," I advise everyone.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" Tyler asked, a look of betrayal swirling in his eyes.

"I didn't tell you because with everything that happened after, it slipped my mind."

"Oh, right. I'm sorry. You're better off without the prick anyway."

'According to Mother, the mate situation is important,' Frey comments.

'I know, but I don't need my pack dwelling on it right now. She also said that everything well fall in place, so I'm leading with that.'

'You do realize we may run into him at this meeting right?' Freya mentions.

'Yes, I am aware, but unlike last time, I will no longer be hiding who I truly am. At our last encounter, he viewed us as weak and I had to play along, but never again. This time around he will being meeting Brielle Lightwood, the Blood Alpha.'

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

(3 Hours Later)

All five SUVs roll into the Crescent Pack territory after being let in by border patrol. As soon as we came to a complete stop, Tyler bolted out of his seat and out of the car.

"Ugh finally! My legs were cramping up. I don't get why I couldn't sit up front and Adrian in the back. I have longer legs than him! And being squished back there made me press into my bladder and I have been needing to pee so bad, but someone didn't want to stop," Tyler ranted, narrowing his eyes at me.