003-secrets spilled

Start from the beginning

Carla, who'd been browsing shoes herself, heard the girls bursting into laughter from the fall, and turned over to see what had happened.  From the corner of her eyes, she could see a group of four girls—who didn't look much older—sending them side eyes, as if the sight of two preteens messing around made them annoyed.

The Wheeler sent a look right back at them, setting down the flat she'd been looking at and joining the girls once again.  Max ran to put the pair of shoes that Eleven had tried on away before intertwining her hand with El's and running off, Carla trailing right behind them.

Re-entering the food court, the three girls caught a glimpse of the four annoyed teens from the shoe shop.  Eleven was informed by Maxine that they were trying to hit it off with a 'cute guy', who then encouraged her to do something to the leader of the small clique, who she'd recognized as Stacey.

Carla gave a narrowed eyed look towards the two as they snuck behind a banister, eyes set on Stacey.  After a few seconds of dead staring at the girl, her Orange Julius exploded right on to her —as well as the boy she'd been speaking to and her friends.     

Did she just use her powers? Though Carla didn't truly care what the girls did—as long as they stayed out of trouble, she was fine with letting them free—wasn't this slightly dangerous? It had only been a drink explosion, and sure, the girl—Stacey—had been slightly rude with her looks, but that didn't mean Eleven should be using her powers in public.   What if someone bad was here, and saw? Or—

Carla decided not to let those bad thoughts take over.  This was supposed to be a fun day out.  Everything was over, there was nothing to worry about.  Her and the girls were safe; there was no more harm coming their way.  Eleven slipping her powers to the world wouldn't harm anyone....especially if that girl was the one who started it.

So, she didn't speak on the matter and let Eleven grab her hand and drag her off to wherever the two girls found next.  Max had a huge smile on her face as they ran away from the scene, "See? What I'd tell you? There's more to life than stupid boys."

"Do you guys want anything to eat at all?" Carla tried to make sure they didn't spend all afternoon shopping and at least got something to keep their energy up and their body fed. 

Max's face lit up at those words, "Scoops! Carla, El's never been there before, we have to go."

Though, she'd usually wait till the later hours to spend her time in Scoops Ahoy, she would never deny such a request from the girl and gave a small smile.  She looked at Eleven, "I may know someone who could get use some free ice cream, but only if you want it."

"Free?" Eleven raised a brow.

Carla shrugged, "Girlfriend perks."

"Let's go." Max pulled them along to the familiar ice cream shop.  There wasn't a line at the front counter, so the three made their way up to the employee, who just happened to be Steve.  His eyes—which had previously been gazing down towards the register, fingers tapping against it—quickly lit up at the sight of his girlfriend.  

"Hey, baby." Steve sent a smile her way, watching as she leaned against the counter towards him.  Behind her was Eleven and Max, causing him to send a small glance to the two before his eyes met back with his girlfriends, "What brings you here so early on in the afternoon?"

"Free ice cream?" Carla replied with a hint of a question in her tone.  She'd pay for it if Steve wanted her too—which would never happen.  Whenever she tried to pay, he shooed her hand away and insisted it was 'on him'. 

"Is that all I am to you now?" Steve raised a brow, though she knew he was just messing with her.

"No, but I might as well use the perk if you're gonna keep letting me do it." Carla replied.