The school bell rang and he glanced at his pocket watch. It was time for his next class. He marched out of his office with hurried steps. Upon reaching the potions lab, he pushed the door hard, creating a loud sound which would hopefully warn any juvenile dunderheads to stop any foolery as they were about to start class. "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making."

His eyes scanned through the class of children and stopped to glance at his godson, a young wizard with no choice but to take the path laid by his parents, which is to follow in his corrupt father's footsteps. Though his relation with Draco's parents was cemented only by mutual benefits and not friendship, Severus had made a promise that he would help the boy, his godson gain abilities which he can grasps to find an exit in the grim path that awaits him should the young Malfoy wizard wish to do so.

"However, for those select few who possess the predisposition. I can teach how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death-"

Another loud bang echoed through the dungeon potions lab as another person entered with rush steps as their potions professor did. Every pair of eyes in the room fell on the figure of the young witch with jet-black hair tied in a braid. She wore Slytherin school robes but did not appear to share any familiarity with the students of the house.

Everyone was surprised by her livid appearance, but they were more surprise to see that the head of the Slytherin house, who was rumored to have the least amount for patient among their professors, did not show any livid expression in front of the audacious transferee from Drumstrang who rudely entered his class.

"Nice of you to join us, Miss Schmidt. Seeing that this is your first potion class with me. I'll excuse of your tardiness. Take a sit," was all the Potions professor said. He did not appear bothered nor angry by the young witch's rude entrance at all. All students soon questioned whether the rumors about the terrifying professor being a terror was just a prank told by their seniors to make them nervous.

Sorrel Schmied did not seat and continued to stand defiantly in front of the Potion professor who was also her father she had been avoiding. "I've already finished my first-year potions at Drumstrung. Professor McGonagall has just informed me now that you refuse to credit my previous potion classes."

Her initial annoyance only increase when she saw that her words nor her actions gained no emotional response from him. "Yes, is there a problem?"

She narrowed her eyes, "I don't need to retake my first-year potions when I've already took classes for it. It would be a waste of my time."

"Then you should not have exploded your potion lab in your previous school. If you took your Potions classes more seriously, perhaps your previous Potions professor would not have mark you as failed."

The Potions professor replied recalling the information he had read in her transfer records, which contained a long list of similar offenses that led to her expulsion due to educational disruption. Severus knew he owed the young witch a lot, failing to do his responsibilities of his father. Now that he knew about her existence. He would not fail her now and do everything to makeup it up his daughter, but allowing her to treat her education lightly would not be one of them, as it would be detrimental to her future. Moreover, he believed Lily would also not have tolerated that kind of behavior from their daughter if she were alive.

"He only failed me because of an accident. There wasn't a single implicit proof found which could trace back to me." Sorrel explained throwing her arms in exasperation. "The only reason he failed me because he insists that I did it. That grade wasn't base on my actual performance."