Chapter 23

This chapter will probably be a pretty short one. This is just something cute to fill the story until episode 4 starts from the game, and a little cute surprise for my friend.

____________________

Larry pov

It's been a few months since we all graduated. We've all gotten jobs to help save up for college, Sal is working full time with me at our favorite restaurant, while Alice is working as a daycare attendant. Dija is actually working on writing plays, taking a couple classes at the local community college. She's actually doing really well for herself, even almost done with her first play write. She's planning on trying to get it published here soon. Everyone has been doing pretty well for themselves.

Tonight is me and Alice's anniversary, and I have something very special planned. We are going to a new club downtown, it's just for teens, high schoolers and just recently graduated. Pretty much anyone under twenty one but in highschool at the youngest. And then after that, we are going to come back, take Lady for a walk by the lake, and there. There is where the real surprise will be.

After Alice got home from work, I told her to get ready. "Where are we going?" I smiled "Dancin." She looked at me a bit confused, but went and got ready anyway. After she was done, we were on our way to the club. I haven't told her about it yet, because I know she loves dancing, and I wanted to keep it a surprise. Once we got there, her eyes lit up "Wait- hold on- what is this?" I chuckled "It's a teen club, there's no alcohol, but it's a place for kids like us to come and have a good time." She got super excited, doing a cute little fist shake by her sides. God she was cute.

Once we got inside, she immediately ran to the dance floor, dragging me behind her. We danced for hours, until finally stopping to get a drink. We sat at the little bar they had set up, and they gave us some sodas. We sat there and talked for a little while, before going back to the dance floor. We danced for a little while longer before taking our leave. We went back to the apartment so we could change into something comfortable. "Grab Lady's leash, let's take her on a walk around the lake. It's a lovely night out, and she could use the fresh air. She nodded and quickly got Lady ready. They both seemed very excited to get out. We don't get to do this much anymore, since we are always exhausted after work, so I can understand why.

We began walking around the town, enjoying the cool breeze as we walked to the lake. Once we got there, we sat down in the grass, and let Lady kind of run around as we loosely held onto her lease, just tight enough so she couldn't run off. We looked up to the stars, which were shining very bright up in the night sky. It's like time had stopped. It was so quiet and peaceful, and I was here with the woman I loved. I looked over to her, seeing her beautiful smile as she gazed at the stars. God she was perfect, everything about her. I gripped the box that was sitting in my pocket. "He Ali, could I see your promise ring for a second?" She looked at me confused, but handed me the ring. I placed it in my pocket "Close your eyes for me, okay?" She nodded and did as I asked. I took her hand and pulled her up so she was standing. I then grabbed the box from my pocket, opened it, and got down on my knee.

Alice pov

I felt him moving around while I had my eyes closed. I was confused, I didn't like it. I had no clue what he was doing, and if something happened, I wouldn't know until it's too late.. "open mi amor." I opened my eyes, and saw him down on his knee. At first I thought he was just doing what he did back in school, offering me another promise ring "Your such a dork Larry, I don't need another promise ring, I'm perfectly happy with the one I have." He shook his head "I'm not good with words, but I will ask you this one question. Will you marry me Alice?" My eyes went wide Wait... is he serious!? "Your not joking right? This isn't some prank?" He chuckled "I would never joke about my love for you Alice, you are the one thing I'll be truly, completely serious with." I nodded my head "Yes!" He put the ring on and pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you Larry.."