Chapter 3

Dija pov

"Nothing could ever make me run away from you" I smiled softly. He seemed to relax a lot, and moved closer to where I was sitting on the bed. He hesitated a bit, then he began lifting his hands up. I watch with curious eyes, on edge wondering what he could want to show me. Wait.. is he taking his mask off!? Is he really ready to show me..

As he continues to reach up, my eyes are locked onto his mask, hoping that I can see his real face, the face of my best friend. However, just a few moments later, the door burst open. I looked over and jumped, and I felt Sal jump as well. In the doorway, stood Larry and Alice. I can't say I'd ever been more disappointed than I am now. I sighed and waved at the two, and looked over at Sal.

"Hey Sal, I'm sorry for what I had said earlier- I shouldn't have brought it up. It's your business, not mine." Sal looked at Larry with apathetic filled eyes "It's fine dude, don't worry about it, really." I could tell it still bothered him, but I knew he wasn't going to say otherwise.

Alice pov

"Why don't we all go and hang out in Larry's room? We can all sleep over and watch a movie!" I smiled and looked at the two. It looks like they were having a deep moment, maybe we should have knocked first.. "That sounds like a good idea" Dija smiled and looked at Sal, and he simply nodded. God I swear Larry needs to get it together.

We all grouped up and started downstairs. On our way however, we ran into two other kids. I recognized them, it was Ashley and Todd. They attend school with us and Todd has lived here with me and Larry for a while. Todd looked over and waved us over. Ashley turned to face us and gave a half-hearted smile "Hey Larry, Alice, who are these two? I haven't seen them here before." I looked over at Sal and Dija, and Sal looked as if he was blushing, and was staring at Ashley. I noticed Dija looking a bit hurt, but she quickly brushed it off. "I'm Sal, and this is Dija." Ashley glanced between the two "Well, it's nice to meet you both!" Larry did a fake cough "Hey, we are going to watch a movie down in my room, do you guys want to come?" Todd agreed, but Ashley politely declined, saying she had to get home to watch her brother. "Maybe next time, bye guys, see you later!" She smiled and smiled took her leave.

That wassss, uncomfortably awkward- Eventually we made our way to Larry's room, where we began making some popcorn, stocking up on candy, and grabbing a couple sodas for ourselves to keep hydrated. We agreed to watch a horror movie, and I'm so excited. However Todd, not so much, he isn't exactly into the whole- horror aspect of things. I noticed Sal was fiddling with his mask, as if it were loose on his head. Dija seemed to notice as well, and went over to help him fix it. I couldn't help but smile at the interaction, it was so sweet.

Dija pov
I fixed Sal's mask for him, and he seemed more comfortable, which made me happy. We all got sat down for the movie, and I noticed Larry and Alice were sitting really close. I gave a soft smile, hoping the two work it out soon, they really are perfect for one another.

About an hour into the movie, I noticed Sal starting to fall asleep. I asked Larry for a blanket and sat beside him. "Sal?" I said in a whisper tone. "Hmm?" He responded, obvious exhaustion in his tone. "Lay down on me, take off your mask, and get some sleep. I'll put the blanket on you alright? That way no one will see you" I smiled. He looked at me hesitantly, but did as I had said. He laid down, I put the blanket over him, and I could feel him take off his mask. I wanted to see him, so bad, but I knew it wasn't my time yet.

After the movie, I looked over to see everyone else passed out Damn, I'm more of a night owl then those two crackheads- I sighed and shifted so I could lay down. I made sure Sal was still laying on me, and was under the blanket. I wrapped my arm around him so we wouldn't move too much, and soon passed out myself.

Larry pov

I woke up to a loud bang on my door "Larry wake up! You and your friends are gonna be late to school!" I looked over at my alarm clock and nearly shot out of bed, screaming for everyone to wake up.

I noticed Dija on the floor, and could see Sal's legs peeking out from under the blanket, and I noticed his head was laying on her stomach. I smirked and looked at Alice, motioning for her to come see. She drowsily walked over and just stared at the two, then gave a small snicker "We should probably wake them up huh?" I nodded "I'll get Todd"

Alice pov

I knelt down beside the two and shook Dija lightly, hoping she wouldn't hit me. She shifted a bit and rubbed her eye with her free hand. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me "We gotta get up, or we will be late for school!" I yelled, hoping to help get her up. I could see Sal shift, and he soon sat up with the blanket over his head, covering his face and about halfway down his chest. Dija handed Sal his mask, and he put it on.

He took the blanket off and stretched. Once everyone was awake we all just threw on some deodorant and grabbed our things, rushing out the door. As we were walking, I heard a familiar voice call out from behind us. "Hey guys! Wait up!" It was Ashley. I rolled my eyes and turned to face her "Hey Ash, what's up?" She waved "Just wanted to walk with you guys, but I couldn't find Todd so I assumed you already left" I noticed Sal once again staring at Ashley, and Dija getting upset. But when I looked back at Ashley, she was staring.. at Larry.

Who the hell does she think she is? Ash joined us on our walk to school. She stood between Sal and Larry, making sure to keep conversation with them. I know he isn't mine, but god this makes me so angry. And not only is she being all close with Larry, but Sal too- someone she met not even twenty-four hours ago- I simply sighed and walked over to where Dija was, which was a bit behind the rest of the group. "Hey, you okay?" She nodded "Yeah, Ash just kind of, well, booted me back here so here I am." I sighed "Yeah, one thing you'll come to learn, Ash is a bitch." She nodded "Whatever, I just want to get to school and get the day over and done with."

Dija pov

After a few hours it was time for lunch. Me and Alice walked down the hall to meet up with the boys, when we noticed Travis yelling at Sal. I didn't see Larry there yet, and I saw Ash peeking from behind a corner just.. watching them. I ran over to Sal and Travis "Hey! What the hell do you think your doing bitch boy? Huh?" He growled "Get out of my way you fucking flamer freak!" Without even a second thought, I punched Travis hard in the face. In response, he threw one back, and we both got into a huge fight. Just then I heard Ash speak up "Guy come on now, you shouldn't be fighting, your going to hurt one another!" I rolled my eyes "I didn't see you sticking up for Sal. So you have no room to talk Miss I'm gonna hide around a corner and watch my friend almost get the shit beat out of him!" She looked taken aback "I don't know what your talking about Dija, I just got here.." Sal spoke up "She has a point thought Di, we shouldn't really be fighting, you could get hurt, and he isn't worth it." I couldn't believe what I heard. He was agreeing with her? But she wasn't even sticking up for him.. I was the one who risked detention for this.. I sighed and shoved Travis down on the ground one last time, and by now Larry had shown up, so I grabbed my things and left to the Cafeteria. I grabbed my lunch and sat at a small table by myself. I saw Travis walk past me while gawking, but I didn't care. I simply flipped him off and enjoyed my- barely edible lunch. God today has been horrible...

_______________
And that's the end of this chapter!! Stay tuned for more!