Football

That entire night Rooster keeps balance between being concerned that I may have broken my hand, proud that I punched Hangman and worried that I'm going to be kicked out of the program. The next morning my hand is feeling fine and we get a text message from Maverick telling us to dress for a game on the beach. We aren't sure what he means by that but Rooster and I do as we are told. Rooster wearing a tank and some cropped jeans while I wear a sports bar and running shorts, the both of us making sure that he grab our sunglasses and put on sunscreen before we leave.

When we arrive Phoenix, Bob and Fanboy are already there. Fanboy shouts as we walk up, "damn mommi! Look at those leg muscles!"

Phoenix laughs, "I told you, my girl is built!"

"You look really nice," Bob looks over to me and blushes, getting very awkward when he remembers that Rooster is next to him, "I'm sorry."

I'm a little sad, since every time Bob had apologized since that first day in the rec room I have called him out every time he uttered that sentence. Hoping to break him of the habit and I thought we had gotten past it. I walk over to Bob and the others, "baby, if you apologize one more time," I shrug, "I'm gonna have to slap the sorry out of you."

Soon everyone else arrives, Hangman looking me over when he arrives. I'm not sure if he's eyeballing me to make sure I don't take him out again or he is realizing that Rooster and Phoenix weren't lying to him about my build. When Maverick arrives he throws us two footballs and tells us to play two games at once. One playing offense and the other playing defense. Rooster and I end up on opposite teams and before we start he points over to me, "I'm coming for you," he smirks.

I smirk back and get ready, "bring it on."

We start to play and Rooster is the first to score a touch down, doing a little celebratory dance before we start again. When I get the ball and start to run toward my end zone Rooster catches me, picks me up, and runs with him to his in zone, to which everyone on my team shouts in protest, "no, come on." Fanboy shouts, "she had the ball, that counts as our touch down!"

We continue to play into the afternoon, Rooster taking down Maverick and then, shockingly, helping him back up. Eventually, Maverick calls it quits and we all boo him as he walks away, he walks over to some of the beach chairs and sits, while watching as we continue to play. We continue playing and it starts to become less about winning and more about making sure that everyone is having fun. Everyone even backs off of Bob enough for him to catch a pass from Rooster and get a touch down. When he does Rooster picks him up on his shoulders and everyone starts chanting, "Bob! Bob! Bob!"

Even Hondo joins in, who had been serving as our ref, but as soon as he joins our only goal is to get him to the ground. Soon we aren't even playing football anymore we are just playing in the water and having fun. Rooster comes up to me and picks me up, wraps my legs around him, supporting me with a hand on my butt, before kissing me.