✣ Chapter 6 ✣

They arrived as quickly as they could underneath the Empire State building, Donnie and Usagi waving them over

They arrived as quickly as they could underneath the Empire State building, Donnie and Usagi waving them over. "Hey Mikey, nice job getting here fast! Who's your friend?" Usagi asked. Mikey smiled and elbowed Miles, who jumped and cleared his throat nervously. "I-I'm Spider-Man. Nice to meet you."
Usagi grabbed his hands and shook them both aggressively. "Hi, I'm Yuichi Usagi!" Miles laughed awkwardly and pulled his hands away. "Uh hi, thanks."
Donnie grumbled and stepped in between them, getting in Miles' face. "Helloooo, are we going to take care of the problem or what?" Mikey pushed him back slightly. "Just calm down and tell us what we should do, we've got this!" Donnie sighed and put his hands on his hips. "Sorry, this is just nothing like we've seen before. What I've come to figure out is that there's some sort of UFO in the sky that harbors certain materials, then spits it back out onto us, which causes metal objects to rain down on us. Now what that thing is, that's the real mystery."

Mikey pulled his hood down and looked up at the clouds. There was a shadow looming over them, but he couldn't make out its shape. "I guess that's why they call it a UFO..." He mumbled to himself. Miles noticed how nervous he looked and nudged him with his shoulder. "You good?"

Mikey nodded. "Yeah...It's just strange, that's all." 

The rest of the day went by without any more explosions, which threw Donnie into a research frenzy. While he and Leo spent the whole of their time analyzing the pieces of metal that had spewed out from the sky, Mikey and Miles agreed to spend some time brainstorming for their art piece. 
They both sat down in the same alleyway that they had met, crumpling up pieces of paper with ideas on them. "Okay okay, maybe let's start with what the theme should be?" Miles said. 

Mikey groaned and scribbled on his sheet. "Ugh, it's just so many things we could do, and I wanna do all of them!" He ripped it up and threw it to the ground, leaning back against the wall with a sigh. Miles sighed with him. "We can do it, I'm sure we can. We just have to find some inspiration!"

Mikey gasped and sat up. "Hey, I have a bunch of art back at my place! If you bring yours with, we could look at them both and see what happens!" Miles nodded and stood up excitedly. "The ultimate brainstorm! Yes, let's do it!!" 

"Cool! I'm sure my brothers will be okay with having you take a short little visit, right?" 

_______

"STOP RAPH, HE'S A FRIEND-!"

"FRIEND THESE HANDS, HE SNUCK UP ON ME!"

"If everybody could just calm down just for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS that would be fantastic-"

"MY LEG...MY LEG-"

"SHUT! UP!"

Everyone paused and went quiet as they turned to look at Donnie, who had emerged from his lab to scream at them. His words echoed throughout the lair for a few seconds. He sighed heavily and pinched his nose, mumbling. "What in the name of Galileo is going on here?"

Raph let go of Miles' leg and picked him up, showing him to his brother. "Mikey brought a human back to the lair! And he stood right behind for like, 3 seconds! Plotting something, I bet...!"

Miles grunted and swung his arms and legs, trying to break free from the turtle's grip. "W-well didya have to GRAB my LEG and DRAG ME ACROSS THE FLOOR??"

Leo rolled his eyes and limped over to Raph. "Drop him already, big fella. I met the kid today, he's alright." The snapping turtle grumbled and set Miles down gently. "Yeah yeah, okay. No more sneaking up on me. I'm a thug, remember that."

Miles stepped back nervously, grabbing Mikey's arm. "Next time, could you warn me if your brother is going to man-handle me the first 3 seconds I walk in?" The turtle nodded and pat Miles's head. "Yeah, sure thing."

_______

"Okay. Three...Two...One-"

The two handed each other their art and looked at them in awe. Miles flapped his arms excitedly and screamed. "DUUUDE, YOU SAID THESE WERE JUST DOODLES!!"

Mikey chuckled and shook his head. "'Cause they are! Your art is so much better!" He flipped the paper around and pointed to it frantically. "This is pure talent right here! I didn't know a person could be so good at shading a piece of meat combo pizza!" Miles gasped and put his hands on the turtle's face. "What's your favorite pizza, man?" 

"Oh, I can't pick one. Either my brothers order it for me, or I get multiple toppings at once!"

The boy kicked his legs and fell back on Mikey's bed, punching the pillows. "Bro, I need to geek out about pizza with somebody, pineapple. And jalepeno. IS THE BEST TOPPINGG!!" 

Mikey laughed at his sudden urge of energy. "Wanna order some now, before it gets too late?" Miles nodded and put his hand over his chest dramatically. "Sweet lord, I'm craving some HOT CHEESE RIGHT NOW-"

Mikey burst out laughing and fell back with him, playfully punching him in the arm. "Okay okay, let's do it!"