My Fairy Girl and a Sprite

Start from the beginning

Eda was convinced that Serkan had forgotten about her no matter how many times Pyril told her that Serkan saw no one and went nowhere other than work. Pyril told Eda that Serkan thought Eda was married with someone else's children, she told her how he started to sweat every time he said it. It never stopped Eda from asking how he was. It never stopped Pyril from sending pictures of him to her.

Serkan pulled up to the building to meet Pyril, his eyes were pulled to a woman with long brunette hair. "Eda?" he started to call until she turned, no it wasn't his Eda. Pyril walked down the stairs to see Serkan staring at something, a man carrying balloons, oh for heaven's sake, they said EDA. She got to the car and saw him wipe a tear. Sure Eda, this man is over you. This man will never be over you.

"So where am I going this time Pyril? Outer Mongolia? Antarctica? The Himalayas? Surely you've found somewhere remote to send me to."

"Minneapolis, Minnesota but I turned them down. It was supposed to be New York City but they changed their mind at the last minute and I know that you can't be that far from a medical facility."

Serkan gave a harsh laugh, "Right, like that's stopped you any time over the past five years. Guess what Pyril, turns out I'm cancer free. I'm not dying anymore. Great news huh?"

She shifted in her seat, "That is wonderful news Serkan. Why do you say it like that?"

"Never mind, it really doesn't matter anymore. The damage was done five years ago."

Pyril covered her mouth with her hands, 'Oh Dear God', that was why he sent Eda away, he thought that he was dying. "Serkan what do you mean, are you done getting scans? Are you cleared?"

He was tired, so tired of all of this, "I'm done Pyril. No more doctors, no more tests. I'm as healthy as I ever was. Fat lot of good it does me. Where to?"

"Back to the office. I have to get some things together before I head to Sile."

"Fine."

Pyril's phone rang, "Engin? What's wrong? Can what? . . . . . . Serkan, take me back to the office, Engin is at the emergency room with Can. I need to get my car and go meet them."

"I'll take you right there now." Pyril didn't want him to do that. Can had fallen and gotten a couple of stitches and they were already home but Pyril needed Serkan to go to Sile.

"No, I'll need my car. Would you take the Sile meeting for me? Just this once, please? I wouldn't ask if it weren't important."

"Are you sure, I can take you to the ER. I don't mind."

"I know that Serkan but you'll need some things to take to the meeting, you have to meet with the Landscape Architect while you're there. I haven't met the person yet so I need first impressions."

"Fine. I can call you later or stop by tonight."

"Sure, do that Serkan." Pyril hoped that Serkan would have other plans tonight. Eda was the Landscape Architect at the Sile project. She had been seeing her regularly and she was tired of her asking about Serkan. It was about time she saw the man with her own eyes. These two were hopeless. Hopeless idiots that where were still so in love with each other that they couldn't be with anyone else.

Serkan thought that Eda was married with children, well, he had part of that right. She just hoped that he didn't strangle Eda when he found out. Eda thought that Serkan was dating other people, as if. Pyril shoved her books into Serkan's arms, "You should leave now. You never know how traffic will be. Just be careful going up there, some of the roads are a bit off the beaten path and people had a bad habit of popping up unexpectedly."