Forty-Seven

"Here we go, game two of the WNBA finals, The Las Vegas Aces are hosting the Connecticut Suns!" Michael sits down on his couch with a White Claw as the announcers start talking, his eyes trained on the TV in front of him.

"Jordan's team won the first game, right?" Ashton asks from his place on the opposite end of the sectional.

"Ya, they will fly to Uncasville after tonight's game for game three, and four if the other team wins any of the games." Michael nods.

"It's best three of five?" Ashton continues.

"Ya, they won the last round in four." Michael nods. "I wish I was there though."

"You could go to Connecticut couldn't you? Before we head for London?"

"I don't know, we are supposed to be polishing off the setlist for Royal Albert. Can I really skip town for two days?"

"You and I both know Cal and Luke are going to want to slack for the last few days before we head out. Even with it being a small trip they are going to be in boyfriend mode. You could be in boyfriend mode too and show up in Connecticut to support Jordan and then meet the rest of us in New York to head to London."

"I'll think about it, we have to make sure we are solid on the setlist and everything first. Jo would kill me if I showed up and we weren't 100% in our plans first."

"Alright, I'm just saying, you could do it."

"Would you want to come with me if I did?" Michael asks as he glances back to the TV, seeing the teams still warming up.

"To her game?"

"Ya, you said months ago you wanted to see one in person and you haven't yet."

"I'll think about it. I'm not sure I want to be your third wheel." Ashton jokes.

"Jackie will probably be there, Jo's sister." Michael shrugs, both of them turning as the announcer starts talking again.

"We have some breaking news for those in the arena and at home, teams and players also." The man speaks up, "Out of Chicago only moments ago, the Chicago Bulls organization has placed Executive Board Member William Plum on unpaid administrative leave as they investigate allegations of abuse and bullying from those inside and outside the organization. Allegations have come from multiple internal sources as well as Plum's daughters Jordan and Jacquline, the Las Vegas Aces team and coaching staff, and others. Plum has also been banned by the NBA and WNBA from accessing any arenas or workout facilities during this ongoing investigation."

"What?" Michael practically yells, sitting forward as his jaw drops open. His eyes are on Jo, who quite literally drops to a crouch on the screen, her hand is over her mouth and he can tell by the way her shoulders are shaking that she's sobbing.

"Dude!" Ashton looks shocked as Michael turns to look at him.

"This is huge, Ash. This is so good for her, for the sport, hell, it's amazing for all women in sports. She's standing up to the toxic masculinity in that world and she looks to be winning."

"Is she okay?" Ashton motions to the screen where Jo is now hugging her teammate tightly.

"Relieved probably, and shocked. She didn't think she would win. She had no real hope in it. Her dad is powerful in the basketball world, so this is really, really big for her, in the best way."

"Well, good for her. And for everyone else that is getting the win they need over this asshole." Ashton grins.

"I want to go to Connecticut this week." Michael mumbles. "I want to be there to celebrate this win, and the championship win she's getting too."