𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒 : 𝔾ℝ𝔸𝔻𝕌𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ

Mulai dari awal

Kotei willingly took the fishing rod twice her size and examined it, closely. Still in a state of awe, she felt herself being hauled up to be sat on the seat behind him.“ Sensei, Kotei doesn't know how to get them fishies.”

“ Don't worry. I'll teach you everything there is to learn. Now hold on tight, okay ?” He grinned before getting on his bike and holding the handles in a firm grip. As soon as he felt Kotei holding his shirt with one hand, safely seated in her spot, he took off.

𝟐

“ Here we are. Ta-dah !” Nishinoya presented to the child a scenic view out of the world.

A shallow water course flowed past the thickets of green, the water clear as crystal and illuminating the afternoon sun directly perpendicular to the surface. Although at a glance it might seem as a shallow stream, the further you walk towards the centre the deeper it gets. But the width was small compared to average water bodies of the same.

The place was situated approximately in the centre of the woods. The canopy of the trees is transparent enough to allow the penetration of the sunlight through its thickets and the entire place lit up in a magnificent green hue.

As Nishinoya set down the things in an orderly fashion, Kotei peered over the water before touching it with her fingers. It felt cool under the warm sun and brought relief to her sweaty palms. The area around the stream formed a cool niche surrounding her being.

The boy finally sat down on a protruded rock that had been formed along the bank after years of sedimentation.“ Time to catch some fish.”

“ Le’z get them fishies~”

“ So step one....................................................................................................wait, what's step one again ?” Nishinoya’s smile faltered as he looked at Kotei, blankly who tilted her head in confusion.“ It's been a long time. First I'll get the hook and attach it.....,” he muttered to himself invested in the job at hand,“... don't think I need these...,” he tossed aside the plastic bobber. The fishing line was in a mess and eventually he gave up.“ What's this ? I don't get it at all ! My old bamboo stick with a line was so much better !”

“ Sensei, Kotei thinks this thingy goes through these small holes,” she pointed at the tip top and then the guides. That's what she had seen on a TV show before.

“ You think so ? Let's try then.”

Nishinoya did as she said.

Remembering something he attached the reel first before spinning the line around it.“ I think I get it !” He stated excitedly as he finished setting up the line and pushed back the safety reel. Pleased with the setting he attached the hook as the girl fidgeted with the handle.“ Now comes the bait !”

“ Bait ?” Kotei asked as Nishinoya grinned pulling out a small container and opening it to show the worms.

“ This is a bait, to lure them in.”

“ Lure ? That sounds so mean,” she replied, sadly.

“ It's the cycle of life.”

“ Cycle ? Life ?” Kotei's expression grew serious and she gasped, covering her mouth.“ Life has a cycle ? What does it look like ?”

“ Disgusting. But don't you mind the details.” He stuck out his tongue as he stepped back to swing the rod with all his might before dropping the line on the deeper side.“ Good spot !” He sat back down on the rock.“ Now we wait.”