25- The Opening of Doors

Start from the beginning

The brave souls introduce themselves, mostly the females who bat their eyes at my bachelor brother. Sebastian sticks by my side, striking easy conversation with Kramer who talks a mile a minute. I quietly watch the two before catching the Prince's eye. 

He makes his way to me, slightly looking to the side where I can guess he wants to converse. I take a few steps away from others to see what he needs. "Master Giselle," He greets with a nod. "It's a pleasure to see you once more." 

"Prince Adrian," I greet with a small smile. 

"I just wanted to say I have gotten permission from my father to stay. I'll be able to travel through the portal at my cousin's residence. I've already looked over your lesson plans you have constructed, but I added some things and got rid of others. I think this would lead to a more meaningful lesson plan for the students, something I wish to go over with you before the term officially starts in two days." He smiles widely. 

I look up at him, an image of an eager dog crosses my mind. I smile that thought away. "Yes, I am open to creative freedom. I will schedule a meeting with you later. Mage Kramer will send you the details." 

"Prince Adrian," a voice booms. I recognize my brother's presence as he stands next to me. "It's been a while since we have seen each other." 

"I think the last time we saw each other, you had a sword held against my chest." Adrian laughs and shakes my brother's hand. "That tournament was the last fun event I was able to experience before traveling to the North." 

"Uh..." Elric stammers, not sure what to say. 

"Please," Adrian tucks his hands in his pockets. "A tournament is a tournament. It's the battle of the best. I'm man enough to admit when I was younger I was weaker, however, I've practiced more and would like a rematch if you ever feel for it." Adrian mimics a sword swing. 

Elric smiles. "Whenever you want, your majesty." 

The two settle on conversation which I tune out. I chuckle here and there, unsure of what to truly say. I am not in my element, faking riveting conversation to appease the department. I would rather hide in my office, but I'm forcing myself to be... more out there. To be liked... is a hard thing to accomplish for a woman who wants to hide away. 

"Master," Kramer cuts in and points at his watch. "It is time to meet with the other Masters. I'm afraid to say your guests cannot join you." 

I nod my head and look at Elric who nods, understanding this needs to be done. "I will send for someone to take you to where we will greet the public." 

"I can take them," the Prince speaks up. "Will you also... allow me to stand with you?" 

I pause, knowing exactly what he's trying to do. The public will go crazy when they see the Banished Prince has returned and is standing by my side, the side of his brother's fiancée, the same fiancée who had just finished the infamous trial, the same trial that changed the law for her favor. 

I look to my brother, unsure of what to do in this situation. Our family is currently allied with the other Prince, unfortunately. While all I want to do is kill Prince Ivan and kill him in the same manner in which I was killed, I am not daft enough to do so just yet. I have to bide my time, carefully waiting for the right chance to strike. Today is not the day. Today I cannot publicly support him. 

"Why not," Elric shrugs which gets wide eyes from Sebastian and I. "We are allied with the royal family, you are a part of the royal family. Besides, you're taking us there, it makes the most sense." 

I smile and nod my head, telling the Prince it is okay before pulling Elric away and Sebastian follows. I take the three of us into a small private office. I wave my hand so that no one can hear what we say.