18- Cold answers

hehe
hehehhehehhe

---
(Modern AU)

You and Scaramouche had come back home after a long day of work. You still had to make dinner, however. Scaramouche would simply not eat takeout, you HAD to cook for him.

"Can't you help me out here?"

"No." Huh, how nice of him!

You silently continued cooking.. whatever you were cooking, too tired to retort back, to his- oh so polite answer.

He was lying on the couch, with one arm over his eyes, while his other was dangling off the seat. Seems like he was asleep. You rolled your eyes turning the gas off, and pulled out two plates.

"Dinner's ready," you say quietly.

Infact, the two of you had been in an argument at work earlier, and ended up not talking to eachother for the rest of the day.

"Coming.." says Scaramouche, getting off the sofa, sitting as far away from you on the dining table as possible.

You already brought the food to the table, but you didn't serve it on a plate for him like usual, since you were mad at him.

Scaramouche took notice of this, and it only ruined his mood. He didn't say anything, however. He sat at the table, and served himself food, silently. You had already started eating and you didn't wait for him.

"Could you atleast pass the salt?" He couldn't reach the salt from where he was sitting.

"No," you replied coldly, imitating his previous lines.

He asked,"Why not?"

"Because you've been putting too much salt in you food lately. I've put enough today, you don't need to add more."

He looked down at his rice in defeat, ashamed that he couldn't even get up and get it himself. He was afraid of you.

Scaramouche and you ate your food in silence, the atmosphere was tense. The two of you hated being away from eachother, but neither of you wanted to let go of eachother's ego, so both of you suffered in silence.

Scaramouche was already missing your smile, he was fighting the urge to squeeze you till you explode. You, on the other hand, were determined, to get him to be the first to apologise this time, so you managed to keep silent.

A while later, you finish your food and wash the dishes you used, leaving Scaramouche to wash his own. You leave the dining table and walk over to the living room to watch TV.

Scaramouche on the other hand, was a bit hurt by your behaviour. You and him always wash dishes together, so he felt betrayed. He was planning on finally making things up with you while washing the dishes, since you wouldn't be avoiding him, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Is she really that mad? He wondered.

Again, in silence, he washed the rest of the dishes, and walked over to the living room.
You saw him coming from the corner of your eye and unlocked your phone to avoid him.

This time, he didn't sit far away from you, he sat on the same couch you were sitting on, his eyes glued to the TV.

He wasn't interested in watching whatever was playing, he just wanted you to apologise first so he could apologise after, but you didn't have that in mind. You just scrolled through Instagram posts, uninterested. You didn't want to apologise first this time.

He was getting impatient. He wanted to cuddle with you so bad, but he couldnt. He finally spoke up after a few minutes.

"Oi."

No response.

"Hey."

Still no response.

"Hey, (Y/n)-"

"What?"

Your tone was cold and it scared the living crap out of him. He wasn't used to you being so unfriendly. You were always smiling and happy around him, so what happened now?

"....What're you doing?"

"Nothing."

Again with the one-word answer. He was not liking it. At this point, he reached his limit. He never broke down this easily, but he was never met with cold answers from you before, and that killed him inside. He just wanted the old cheery (Y/n) back.

He pounced on to you, and sat on your lap, wrapping his legs around your waist. He snatched your phone away and tossed it aside, wrapping his arms around your head, bringing it close to his chest.

"Scaramouche, get off me," you say, trying to sound annoyed at him.

He rests his cheek on your head now. "No."

"Aren't you forgetting to say something then?"

"..."

"Get off me you-"

"FINE, I'm sorry okay? Stop avoiding me."

He did it! He finally said it. You decided to drop your act, now that you got what you wanted and teased him.

"What was that now? Say it louder please."

"Shut up.." he muttered, squeezing you tigher than ever.

"Ow- ow Kuni- stop-"

Yeah, he may have done it a bit too tight, because you could barely breathe now.

"Ok- okay- fine I'm sorry too-"

He finally let go after hearing those words.

"Never avoid me again," he commands.

"Can't promise that now, can I?"

"Whatever. You're mean," he says, now resting his head on the crook of your neck, kissing it occasionally.

You wrap your arms around him, probably pampering him and affirming that you love him for the next 3 hours, before actually going to bed. (He's very insecure)

---

ehehheheheheh hope u liked that :>