two

Taehyung's POV

I couldn't believe it. Grandpa was heading out without me and wanted me to stay with his friend’s brother? This was supposed to be my chance to skip school for a few months and have some serious fun. I couldn’t wait!

But then, I heard Grandpa’s voice booming from downstairs. “Tae, Tae, Tae, Tae!”

I groaned and shouted back, “Yeah, old man, what’s up now?”

“Mind your tone,” Grandpa’s voice carried an edge of irritation. “And yes, you’re coming with me. I’ll drop you off at my friend’s brother’s house.”

I rolled my eyes. “Great,” I thought sarcastically. This was not how I envisioned my freedom.

Here’s a revised version with a more engaging and immersive style:

---

Inside the car, Grandpa turned to me with a serious expression. “Tae, listen carefully. Behave well with Mr. Jeon, and for now, all your responsibilities are his.”

I raised an eyebrow, skeptical. “And why should I listen to him?”

Grandpa’s lips curled into a knowing smile. “You’ll understand in time.”

“Whatever,” I muttered, my annoyance barely concealed.

As the car came to a stop in front of a grand mansion, I couldn’t help but be impressed. “Whoa, this place is huge. Looks like the guy who lives here is loaded.”

Grandpa greeted a young man standing at the entrance. “Hello, Mr. Jeon. I hope you’re doing well.”

“Hello, Grandpa,” Mr. Jeon replied with a respectful nod.

“No need for formalities. You’re very kind, JK,” Grandpa said, smiling warmly.

JK returned the smile. “Please, come inside.”

Grandpa shook his head. “No, no, thank you, JK. I need to... and here’s my grandson,” he gestured toward me.

“I see,” JK said, his eyes twinkling with amusement as he looked me over. “Wow, he’s quite the charmer. I’m tempted to pinch his cheek.”

I stood there, admiring the mansion, when suddenly a worker bumped into me.

“What the hell, watch where you’re going!” I snapped, my irritation boiling over.

The room fell silent. JK’s eyes narrowed, and he clenched his jaw in anger.

“Sorry, sir. I’m really sorry,” the worker stammered, bowing repeatedly.

“Just get back to work,” JK said, his voice steely. He added in his mind, “I can see why Grandpa is so concerned about his future.”

Grandpa, visibly taken aback, quickly apologized. “Tae, what’s this? I’m so sorry, everyone.”

“There’s no need to apologize,” JK said smoothly.

Grandpa turned to me, his tone stern. “Tae, you’ll be living here now. Don’t even think about misbehaving.”

I rolled my eyes, unimpressed.

As Grandpa left, JK turned to the worker. “Take his luggage inside. You, come with me,” he said, directing me into the mansion.

Once inside, JK’s demeanor shifted to a serious, authoritative tone. “Mr. Kim, while you’re under my roof, you’ll follow my rules.”

“Who do you think you are, making demands?” I shot back, my anger flaring.

JK took a deep breath, his voice steady and commanding. “Listen carefully, Kim Taehyung. I don’t care what you think. Since you’re staying here, you will adhere to my rules.”

I gulped, the gravity of the situation sinking in. “Okay, fine.”

“So, here are the rules,” JK began, his voice unwavering.

### RULES

1. **NO CURSING.**
2. **NO BACKTALK.**
3. **ALWAYS SHOW RESPECT TO ME, THE STAFF, AND ADDRESS ME AS HYUNG.**
4. **BOW TO YOUR ELDERS.**
5. **EAT ONLY WHERE WE ALLOW YOU TO.**
6. **NO FASTING IN THIS HOUSEHOLD.**
7. **BE IN BED BY 10 PM, AND UP BY 7 AM.**
8. **WATCHTIME IS LIMITED TO 4 HOURS DAILY.**
9. **COMPLETE THE DAILY TASKS I GIVE YOU. I WILL CHECK THEM EVERY DAY.**

“That’s the list for now. Additional rules may follow based on your behavior,” JK added, his gaze intense. “And let me be clear—if you fail to follow these, remember, your grandfather entrusted your responsibility to me.”

I swallowed hard, feeling a mix of fear and defiance. “This guy is intimidating, but he’s also got a serious ego.”

“And since you cursed in my presence, you’ll start by cleaning the toilet. Am I clear?” JK’s voice was uncompromising.

My eyes widened in shock. “What the hell? Cleaning the toilet? My own grandpa never made me do anything like this! You—”

**SLAP SLAP SLAP**

The sting of JK’s hand across my face cut through my fury. Shock and fear replaced my anger. This month was going to be much tougher than I had anticipated.