three

Sunny became frozen, her breath became caught in her throat, her living room suddenly turned hot, and she felt a mix of shock, fear, and anger.

She believed her encounter that night was just a dream for weeks, but it was real, unbelievably real, and he had the nerve to enter her home.

“Who exactly do you think you are?” Her voice held more fierce than she thought it would. Even the stranger on her couch was taken back by the sudden boldness..

“Me?” He pointed to himself mockingly. Instead of calming her down, this only served to agitate her further.

“After trespassing in the hospital, now you’ve invaded my home, who the fuck do you think you are?” her voice raised a pitch higher, this made a ghost smile appear on the stranger’s face.. “wipe that smile off your face, you bastard”

Alright, I admit that I may have exceeded the limits with that.

As soon as his face turned into a frown, she knew exactly what he was thinking. Leaving the couch behind, he leisurely moved towards her.

Despite his significant height advantage of at least two feet, Sunny refused to let him see how intimidated she was and maintained her composure.

“piuttosto una lingua su questo” he spoke in the language she couldn’t understand, Italian, was it? (Quite a tongue on this one)

He quickly glanced behind her to the man holding her cat, then turned his attention to her front door. that’s when her eyes followed his. She observed the man she had cared for, standing confidently with crossed hands and a smiling expression.

“Speaking to your guest in such a manner, especially when they have the potential to save your life, isn’t that rude?” sunny narrowed her eyes at him as a look of confusion fell on her face..

“Wha..”

“My line of work is quite complicato..” he said, turning his back on her as he walked towards her kitchen (Complicated)

Sunny stood in place

“Only the tough ones get to survive after an encounter with me...in your case your chances are zero,” he said, leaning against her aisle

In an instant, her heart covered a thousand miles.

“Are.. are you saying, you’re gonna kill me.. its wasn’t..”

“Calm down Tesoro.. no one said anything about me killing you..” he chuckled..

This fucker is crazy

She thought

“But there are people who are willing to extract as much information from you as possible before killing you”

Sunny trembled as her eyes quickly looked down.

“But I could help you, give you immunity.. protection for as long as possible,” she looked at him, confusion fell on her

“What..?

“Come with me.. and I’ll keep you safe,” he said, and the room went quiet.. All that could be heard in the room were her laboured breaths.

“I’m not sure what kind of joke this is or if scaring me is your idea of humor, but rest assured, I have no intention of going anywhere with you freaks.” She yelled, her eyes darting to the three men in her house.

“Choose your words wisely.. but frankly, I wasn’t asking. I was telling you to come with me,” he said and she stared dumbfounded at him, before bursting into laughter, one that didn’t reach her eyes..

“And I’m telling you no” her laugher ended, and she challengenly stared at him..

She was scared shitless.. but she wasn’t going to let that show.. if it wasn’t already showing

“Fine, then... have it your way..” he said before looking at the man she treated “Ho provato il mio miglior fratello” He said before looking at the man behind her... (I’ve tried my best brother)

He looked at her and smile

“prendila” suddenly a sharp pinch could be felt on her neck. The last thing she remembered was being picked up before she fell unconscious (take her)