The Aftermath [2/2]

'How are you feeling?' Kei worriedly asked as he saw how shaken up Saiki was. His hands were shaking and he couldn't feed himself properly. Saiki stayed silent, he felt useless and Kei could tell. 'You're gonna be alright Mr. Psychic. You're like the toughest person I know, and I've met your mom.' Saiki chuckled. He's never really had friends but he's glad he has Hasegawa by his side. Nendou found the two and saw Saiki struggle to stand, "Hey pal, I think you should head home." Class three came around and everyone agreed, "Let's win this for Saiki!!" They all cheered. Saiki felt guilty about making people worried for him, which made him stay. Kei was amazed at how his whole class loved Saiki, a quiet kid like him. 'Maybe this year won't be so bad.' Kei thought to himself, heading off to the first event of the afternoon.

Tug-a-war was the worst option that could have come, Saiki's abilities were still out of control and class three was full of weaklings, Hairo, Nendou and Saiki were the exceptions. Suddenly the other class went flying and class three was crowned the winners.  "My gloves tore..." Saiki explained the situation to Hasegawa, who weakly giggled. 'I carry these with me, do you want one?' Kei offered Saiki a black glove. Sometimes Kei gets a sensory issue where he can't touch certain objects, so he carries the gloves to help with that. As Saiki slipped the glove on, Toritsuka came over and congratulated the two on winning. Then he started bragging about how 'that was a one time win,' and how he was going to 'smoke them in the next game.'

Hairo overheard Toritsuka's competitiveness and challenged him, class against class. "Who ever can score the most beanbags wins! Loser has to get buzz cuts!" He said, or something long those lines. Hasegawa was tired and almost asleep, Saiki rewound his body back a few hours. 'Thanks.' He gave a tired smile and began tossing beanbags. Even with the help of Saiki's abilities, class three still lost. They got more bags then Toritsuka's class but was overpowered by class four, who got one hundred bags in. "Sticking all the bags into one bag is chea-" Nendou was about to accuse them of cheating when Kaido stopped him, it was better not cause trouble for now. "Everyone, please line up for the last event of the sports festival!" The intercom boomed again. "You doing okay there Hasegawa?" Kaido furrowed his eyebrows, extremely worried for ravenette. Teruhashi also took this opportunity to try and get on Kei's good side, "Oh no, Hasegawa do you need to rest for a moment?" Everyone's eyes were now on Teruhashi who gently rested her hand on top of Kei's.

He took a deep breath before pulling out a small notepad shaking her hand off in the process, "I'm fine." Kaido didn't look convinced. "i'm just really tired, i swear." That seemed to satisfy Kaido for now. "Saiki! I want you to be our anchor! And you, Hasegawa! You be our starter!" Hairo patted him on the shoulder, he was concerned and Kei knew it, 'PP girl is pissed right?' He said expectantly. Saiki nodded in affirmation, dragging the sluggish boy to his starting position. "On your marks, get set..." A fake gun was fired, indicating the race had began. Kei ran his fastest, handing the batton over to Kaido, who slowly passed it to Nendou. Surprisingly, Nendou's pretty fast given the funky way he runs. Nendou and Teruhashi kept class three in first place, passing the batton onto the next classmate.

Hairo took the batton that was passed to him. Unfortunately he slipped and his pants fell down and he landed his class in last place. 'I think Hairo's ass has had more screen time than some of the people in our class.' Hasegawa looked at us before focusing back on the race. Hairo apologised breathlessly as Saiki took the batton from Hairo. Saiki didn't really care if they won or not, but Tanihara from class four was next to him and was going trip him up. Saiki pushed past him, and ran faster than everyone, getting to the finish line... not quite. Saiki high-fived the floor with his face as his powers ran out and he collapsed on the floor. 'Kusuo!' Hasegawa came running out onto the field, crossing the finish line together, 'You must love scaring me. Twice in one day, you gotta give me a break.' Saiki let himself be carried away and passed on to his parents.

"His control devices got taken out earlier, so he's been a bit frazzled all afternoon. Please take care of him." Kei informed Saiki's parents, who thanked him and hurriedly took their son home. 'Please be safe.' Saiki could hear the tears forming, "Stop crying you baby." He teased. "Saiki's gone home. His parents just took him now." Now all they could do was wait and see if Saiki was going to be alright the next day.

Thankfully Saiki could sleep off whatever was wrong and was back at school, with a shaved head along with; Hairo who is almost bald, Kaido who is bald and Nendou who looks better than with his normal hair. "Loving the new hair, but that was only if we lost to class two and we beat them." Hasegawa really wanted to tease them. "Oh wow." They said in unison. 'It suits you so don't worry.' Kei smiled, feeling a little embarrassed.