Saiki's Weakness

Saiki was going to be home alone for the day, which was fine by him. He was informed that his parents were going to a friends wedding, and Kurumi had a package that was going to be delivered today; which Kusuo needed to collect for her. Kunihara had invited Hasegawa over as well, after seeing how close they are he thought it would be nice for Kusuo to have a friend to hangout with. Kusuo's heart skipped a beat but his face remained calm. When he finally got his parents to leave, Kusuo started cleaning, as a way to pass the time and because he had someone special coming over, he wondered how his house could get this dirty. The trash desperately needed to be separated, and it surprised Kusuo that they didn't have any bugs roaming around. He jinxed himself, a small brown cockroach crawled it's way out from under the trash bin. That was the moment Saiki had accidentally teleported to Texas.

Kei knocked on Saiki's front door only to be met with silence. He knocked again but still nothing. Hasegawa let himself in, mentally apologizing for the intrusion. There was trash sorting itself, which he knew was the physic's doing, and a cockroach roaming around on the floor. Kei went to look upstairs for Saiki, but was met with another empty room. The room was lit up with patches of reflected rainbow light, he smiled when he saw the dolphin proudly displayed on Saiki's shelf. Saiki suddenly appeared in the room, scaring the both of them. 'Fuck! Sorry!! No one was home so I... I'm sorry.' Kei silently screamed.

"No you're fine. It's my fault. There... There was... and then I went to Texas."  Saiki was reluctant to tell Kei why he left. 'Texas?! Why?! Are you okay?!' Kei panicked and nervously checked him for injuries. Hasegawa noticed Saiki's trembling legs and decided against asking further questions, instead he would make Saiki focus on him and not his fears. Saiki took Hasegawa's hands in his, "I'm alright. It was just... a cockroach." Hasegawa remembered the scene downstairs, he smiled and patted Saiki's head in a comforting way. 'But who would have thought, an all powerful physic is afraid of bugs.' Kei teased and Saiki pouted.

Their moment was interrupted by another knock at the door, Hasegawa went to open the door since the cockroach was still on the floor below them. "It's alright. I think it's my mom's package." Saiki teleported between floors before landing in the doorway of his front door. Hasegawa found it cute that Saiki would go to such lengths to avoid a cockroach. The person at the door was not Kurumi's delivery, it was Nendou with what looked like camping gear. Saiki slammed the door, not wanting to deal with him. 'Wait!' Hasegawa came running down the stairs, 'he had a net right?! Why don't we ask him if we could use it?' He carefully asked. Saiki sighed heavily before reluctantly letting Nendou in, luckily Nendou wasn't he brightest bulb in the shed, so he didn't ask why Saiki closed the door on him.

Nendou went to look for the bug and tried to lift up the fridge with his bare hands, Saiki gave him a physic one. Hasegawa could hear the sigh that escaped Saiki's lips as Nendou let go of the fridge once he had lifted it. "Why would you let it go!?" Kei went to grab the floating fridge, Nendou wasn't the smartest but even he would think something was wrong with a floating fridge. 'Oh! There it is!' Kei said with a slight hint of disgust. Nendou slammed his hand on top of the bug, covering his hand with the bugs remains. The two quiet boys stepped back in digust, 'Why would he use his hand?!' Saiki shurgged his shoulders and took another step back. "Let's get some ramen!" Nendou did a thumbs up, to show his good work. There was one of the cockroach's legs dangling on Nendous thumb, Hasegawa gagged.

'Sorry, but that's so gross.' Saiki nodded in agreement, "In the kindest way possible, please get out of my house." Nendou agreed and left. 'I... I can't. How... why... what?!' Kei was so stunned he couldn't even form coherent thoughts. Saiki chuckled, "It's alright. I just need to deep clean now." Saiki's words travelled with a hint of fear. 'I'll help!!' Hasegawa eagerly jumped for joy. Saiki tried to tell Kei he didn't need to, but Hasegawa had already began cleaning. Cleaning was something Kei enjoyed, because when something was clean his mom would notice and give him a good job stamp. They finished quicker than expected, 'I guess when you have super powers you can get things done easily huh? Maybe you should come clean my house sometime.' Kei teased. It was true that they finished in record time, and the house looked spotless, so why not try out some flirting till Mr. and Mrs. Saiki get back.

"...I would love too." Saiki smiled. 'YAYY!!' Kei jumped up and down, too much excitement for his containment barrel. They ended up not saying much, Kei sketched on a spear piece of paper and Saiki read his book. "Gosh, it's like a ghost town in here!" Kuniahra said as he walked through the door. "Oh my, Ku did you clean the house? It looks so sparkly!" Kurumi praised her son. "Yeah yeah, but Hasegawa helped out a lot." His parents were shocked that Kusuo would give credit to someone else, but then remembered the smile he wore while Hasegawa was around. "Oh! I almost forgot! Have these chocolates as a reward kids!" Kurumi excitedly brought out a the box of chocolates, but her hand slipped and the chocolate spill out like a water fall.

Because of the cockroach from before, the fear still fresh in his mind, Kusuo thought those flying chocolates were bugs. In a full blown panic, Kusuo grabbed Hasegawa's wrist and teleported all the way to Mount Ngerchelchuus* "Oh? Where did they go?" Kurumi asked. Kei's shoulders trembled with laughter, it looked like they were in the middle nowhere. When he realised Saiki was still shaken about the bugs, Kei gently pulled Saiki into a hug. He relaxed almost immediately. 'Y'know, if we stay here we're gonna encounter more bugs right?' Saiki laughed and admitted he never thought of that. "You really have no idea the effect you have on me, do you?"

________________________________
*Location used in S1 ep4 [Mount Ngerchelchuus, Island of Babeldaob, Republic of Palau]