Just a Little More

Start from the beginning

"Looks like I'll have to come and finish this later," she remarked before grabbing ahold of the blond's chin, tilting it up towards her as he growled at her, fists clenching in a way that made Varian realize that the other was going to punch her. Donella tsked. "No, no, you have company, Street Rat, now be a good little boy and don't go against my orders. You should know to listen to my commands."

Like that she threw him to the ground. Hugo scrambled up and had opened his mouth, most likely was going to curse out at her, but froze upon seeing. . .

"Varian. . .?"

And all either of the boys saw was the splitting image of two pairs of goggles being intertwined with one another, all tangled up in a way that would make it impossible for anything to separate.

A sudden head-splitting pain rippled through Varian's head, opening his eyes to see green orbs staring back at him. As well as. . . as his and the other's lips being pressed against one another. Kissing. . .

And sure, Varian could feel the eyes of everyone on him and Hugo. He knew that within the span of today his world was crumbling faster than ever before. But in that very moment, after everything that's happened, he could not give a damn about it all.

The two stayed pressed against each other for a few moments longer before breaking off the kiss. Both he and Hugo could clearly feel the tension in the room rising by the second. He pulled himself away from Hugo, wrapping his arms around himself in a little hug and averting his gaze towards the ground. His bangs covered his eyes, yet when he spoke, felt scarily commanding.

"Actually, can- can you three please go?" He directed the question to Rapunzel, Eugene, and a now awakened Lance; his weight being shifted onto his other foot at the worried gazes of Hugo, Yong, and Nuru, though he paid them no mind. He let out a shaky breath he didn't know he was holding as he continued, reverting his gaze back to the three adults that weren't him or Hugo. "I'll. . . I'll explain everything later, just- please don't tell anyone about all of this. For now, I just want to talk to them." The grip of his arms hugging him tightened as he let out a breath, "alone."

Rapunzel gave a somber nod as she dragged Lance and Eugene--who was giving Varian a look of concern--mumbling quietly how they needed to help her with some royal duties and that they would talk with him when he was ready. The door shut behind the three, leaving the quartet in a messily filled room.

But that wasn't the only thing that was messy at the moment. A burst of faint, yet prominent, manic laughter pounded through Varian's ears as he winced. The whispers of Coronaians were also mixed into it, all of them calling him numerous insults that he's heard millions of times before.

The sudden look of defeat was clearly present on his face, as Varian looked up to see Hugo in front of him, whose arms were opened slightly like he was asking for a hug, and normally Hugo wouldn't hesitate to even touch the other, but here it seemed as if he was afraid of touching him. Why would he-

Oh. . . That's why. . .

With a quick jerk of a nod, Varian instantly found himself wrapped up in Hugo's arms, an uncomfortable silence filling the room that once held a battle, yet now resides with nothing but the uttermost pain and fear. It was only a minute or two later that Nuru and Yong joined in. And as Varian's silent, crystal tears began to fall, not a word was uttered among them all.

He never would have expected his life to come to this, no one probably did. Yet here he was, still standing behind the barrier he'd built oh so many years ago that had too many cracks in it. And it had been hard and all, keeping this all up, and it only became sturdier after the snowstorm, and in a sense, Varian thought that barrier would only become higher and thicker as the years went by.

Instead, it grew weaker, thinning out and shrinking until it was as fragile as the panes of glass he used to create for the citizens of Corona. It was all that had once been left of a life that felt the need to not exist, of a life that's only ever made mistakes and problems for those around him. He used to stand tall and not have to worry about such a thing happening, and he was, somewhat, proud of that accomplishment. But now as he struggles to keep everything at bay, there are too many cracks for the barrier to hold up for much longer, and then he'll know that it's all over.

But these guys weren't the others. He. . . He could let the glass crack a bit more. Besides, they didn't have to know the whole situation.

"Guys," his voice was raspy and creaked like it would shatter like an icicle, "I. . . need to tell you something. . ."

CLIFF~HANG~ER! HAHA!

Okay, so I know you all are probably hating on me for all these cliffhangers and the short/lackluster chapters, but I'll be back on track soon! Anyways, I hope you have all enjoyed this chapter. In fact, I was kinda freaking out earlier because I'd typed about half of it this morning, and when I went to write more it was all gone. Luckily, my bestie helped me fix it all- YOU WOULD NOT HAVE THIS CHAPTER IF IT WEREN'T FOR HER, SO EVERYONE PLEASE GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO Cupcakegirlpower FOR BEING OUR SAVIOR!

Have a wonderific day/night! 😊

~ Brooklyn