Chapter 24: New Plan

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"You need to be quiet because we are going to go into the palace unnoticed  so just cooperate with me!" Roze says. He pulls me and shows me a secret entrance, we start walking in dark hallways that seem too confusing. This must be how he could get through the palace without being noticed.

"So now I know your secret!" I say feeling somewhat thrilled.

"Yeah you should feel privileged, no one else understands these secret pathways like I do, and I trust that you won't blab this to anyone!" Roze says.

"Well what is going to stop me?" I tease.

"Watch out, I just may leave you here and you will never figure out how to get out" Roze says and lets go of my hand. I panic and start grabbing and he avoids me.

"I'm sorry I won't tell anyone just let me hold onto you! I don't want to be left behind in the dark" I say realizing that Roze is the one holding the light. Roze finally grabs my hand after letting me flail for a while he laughs the whole time. He holds my hand properly and we continue on. We seem to be walking for a while until Roze stops suddenly and pushes open a door.

"This is one of the libraries in the palace and I think there could be some old books that talk about mermaids." Roze starts looking and I join him even though I am not sure what I am even looking for. Roze starts looking through really old papers when he suddenly pulls one and puts it on the table.

"Did you find something?" I say and join him looking at the paper. He flips through many papers until he finds what he is looking for.

"Okay, I found the part, we used to look into magical things when we were younger and I one time studied a couple of them including one about mermaids so I remember this book."

"What does it say about mermaids?" I ask.

"It says that mermaids have a strong power to be able to get men to fall in love with them, but they need to be within eyesight to accomplish this." Roze says.

"Well that makes sense how she got into the palace and got men to do what she wanted, but she is even able to control Ren when she isn't in the room!" I say.

"It also says that they have magical objects that they can use on a person they want to control, but if you take the object off of them it will end the enchantment!"

"Well that is true that she has magical objects like my necklace, but she doesn't control me?" I say.

"She may have different types of objects with different purposes?" Roze explains.

"What else does it say about them? do they have a weakness?" I ask.

"Well regular mermaids need water to survive, but since she has turned human it doesn't seem like that is much of an issue" Roze says.