Chapter 228: Epilogue(3) - The End

(♡)

-

When they arrived to the Port of Salerno after such long journey, Jungkook was already waiting for them. The moment Mai got off the boat, she run straight to Jungkook's arms.

"Father!"

Jungkook hugged Mai as she jumped into his arms. Mai wrapped her tiny arms around his neck while kissing her father's face repeatedly.

"I missed you, father. I missed you a lot!"

Jungkook kissed his daughter's cheek as well, returning the gesture. After all that fuss, he finally let Mai on the ground.

"Where is Kaka?"

Mai began looking for her dog, calling to him. A servant holding Kaka on a leash a bit farther away from Jungkook suddenly had trouble keeping the dog calm. The huge black dog, big enough to be confused with a bear, thrashed on the leash until he finally broke free and run straight towards Mai. He began licking her face nonstop.

"Kaka! Stop! Stop! You are giving me tickles!"

While Mai was receiving the dog's enthusiastic greetings, Jungkook approached Lalisa. Without being able to hide his broad smile, he took Lalisa's hands. Then, he quickly pulled her hips to him.

"Lalisa."

That one word held many different meanings. That he'd been worried all this time and that he'd missed her so much.

Lalisa buried her face on his chest. As soon as she heard his heart beating, the mysterious emptiness in her chest finally disappeared.

"I missed you, Jungkook."

Then, the hands that were holding her hips suddenly gripped her tighter. Lalisa fell chills running down her spine. Jungkook held her face in both hands and gave her a small kiss on the lips. While their lips grazed softly, their eyes met. Jungkook seemed calm, but his deep purple eyes were burning with desire.

Jungkook chuckled.

"I was worried for a moment about what to do if you decided on not boarding that ship."

"Why? Where you planning on sending a whole fleet of warships again to threaten them or something like that?"

He caressed Lalisa's cheeks with his fingers lightly.

"Do you think I'd stay here with my arms crossed?"

"In any case, there would have been no need for you to do that. After all, you did give Mai instructions, didn't you? You told her that if I wanted to stay in Chrichton longer, you should roll on the floor and cry about going back home."

"..."

Seeing that his secret plan was out, Jungkook kept his mouth shut. Luckily for him, Mai and Kaka approached them. The enormous beast held onto Lalisa, happily greeting her. After Kaka deemed that he'd received enough caresses from Lalisa, they finally got onto the carriage towards home.

The journey home took them two hours until they finally reached Count Alessin's old mansion. The servants were already lined up outside, waiting to offer them their formal greetings. It's been a long time since they came back.

"Welcome home, Your Majesties and Princess."

Jeffrey was standing tall at the front of the line. He was wearing a monocle and a bright smile on his lips. He also had more white hair compared to the last time they've seen him.

"Jeffrey."

Lalisa approached him first and took his hand. She could feel many more wrinkles on his skin, a sign of a clear passing of time.