Chapter 226: Epilogue(1) - Vincent

(♡)

Years later.

"...and Elheim truly loved his human woman. But he was a God, pure and divine, so he could not remain too much longer on earth. If he stayed in the human world for too long, he'd lose all his divine powers..."

The man who was reading the book out loud paused for a while and looked at a particular direction in his audience. There, there was a little girl with the same hair color as him. He saw her yawning while little eyes narrowed with displeasure, as though wondering why he'd stopped. The man resumed reading the book.

"In the end, Eiheim had no choice but to leave the woman he loved and to go back on earth. However, he wept for the love he had to leave behind on the human world and those tears turned into rain. At the same time, a baby was growing inside his woman's womb, a baby created from their union. This baby was born strong and healthy, and she had an incredible power. She had the power to turn himself into a bird. In the human world, she'd have a common bird form, but once she reached the heavens, she'd turn into a golden bird with blinding beauty. And the name of that bird was Maiastra."

The man turned the page.

"Maiastra traveled from one side to the other between her mother and father, carrying the love message they longed to tell each other. In the end, the two of them could finally reunite and live happily ever after. Thus, till this day, the great legend of Maiastra has been told generation to generation. The legend also says that if a human saved Maiastra's life, he or she could wish upon one of her golden feathers and the wish would be granted, regardless of anything."

After reading the whole story, the man closed the book and looked at the little girl, smiling.

"Do you understand? If you have a wish, then you must go looking for Maiastra. The golden bird will definitely grant you your wish..."

"Hmmmph! Liar!"

The girl made fun of him. She did not believe a word he said.

"That's just a silly old legend. There's no way there's a bird who grants wishes."

"No, it's true, the bird does exist. I saw it when I was young!"

"You must have seen wrong."

"Think of your own name, do you think you were named after that bird for no reason?"

"Why does my name has anything to do with whether the bird exists or not?"

"..."

Vincent stared at the charming girl in front of him. She looked very much like his cousin, but on the inside she was a little demon. When Lalisa was her age, she believe anything he told her. But this girl was set on not believing a single word anyone said, as though she spent her time finding out that she'd been living in a lie. What's more, she spoke using a language more suitable for a grown adult rather than a little girl. She also liked discussing every minute detail with a clear, cold logic.

"You are really..."

Just like your father. Vincent was about to say those words when the doors opened. The little girl's eyes immediately lit up.

"Mother!"

The girl run happily across the room towards the beautiful woman. While she hugged her hips, she deeply inhaled the wonderful fragrance coming from her mother's body.

"Mai."

Her mother smiled warmly while she caressed her daughter's head. She bent down to kiss her plump cheeks.

"It looks like your uncle was reading you a book. Was it fun?"

"Yes! It was very fun and interesting. I did not even feel time passing by, mother."