V | Third evening of the Festival

Start from the beginning

Jared has attempted to restrain them from drinking too much, since Sam, the royal advisor of king Quackity, should be arriving any moment now, but it's too chaotic to even have a conversation with any of them, with Tommy joining them with his own usual chaos. Tubbo too can't help but follow his friend, while Fundy remains as silent and grumpy as he were yesterday.

"You know," Schlatt eventually manages to get out, throwing his arm over your shoulder as he raises his drink with pride, "I think the fall of Troje shows us the true evil of people. The egoism and pettiness and insufferability of Achilles should already be enough of an indicator." You're surprised that, even with this level of alcohol that must be in his blood by now, he can still talk so clearly and with longer words. Every day, that man surprises you.

"How dare you speak that way about the most greatest warriors of all warriors!" Sapnap shouts, standing up before immediately losing balance and falling back on his chair again. "You're just jealous, because you could only dream to be him."

Schlatt scoffs, bursting out laughing afterwards as though the king just told some hilarious joke. He tries to hit you on the back to announce his enjoyment, but instead goes over your shoulder, hitting it with his arm. Afterwards, he answers Sapnap with some incoherent rambling that neither you nor Sapnap can follow. So, with a bright smile and a proud expression on his face, Techno ends up standing up, hitting his hands on the table. "That story clearly shows us the corruption of the gods!" he exclaims, having quite some difficulty pronouncing the word corruption as his lips refuse to move the way he wants to, thanks to disorientation, you assume. Karl, though, grows defensive right away. However, he can't bring the words out, puking all over his food as he's trying to restabilize himself.

There's a clear attempt at a meaningful discussion, but only some of them are sober enough to do so. Wilbur, for example, brings some interesting opinion to the table. "My ancestors had the right to destroy Troje," he then states, throwing more wine into his throat as he makes some erratic gestures. "Troje betrayed them. They broke their own honour, the moment they stole Helena. I may be against violence, but I pride in being a grandson of Agammemnon."

"Hell yeah, Soot!" Sapnap simply screams. "You may be fucking my fiancé, but at least you're not a dumbass!" Tommy laughs at the mere synonym for having sex, growing red as he can't stop, while Fundy soon enough shows more discomfort, along with Tubbo. While Quackity soon enough follows with his own cackling, Tubbo turns to you for some way to ease the loud voices that try to better each other with every sound.

"Do you think we could leave? And, I don't know, walk through the halls or something? Dad's making me feel uncomfortable." Tubbo glances over at Schlatt, who has now managed to stand up, spilling his drink with every new movement he makes. And well, you can't blame the kid either. Schlatt can be a terrifying man, especially when he's under the influence. After all, it's impossible to forget the cause of the scars on the boy's face: beautifully twisted with a concerning story behind it. You're glad that you had to tell Techno about your scars, and not Tubbo's.

And honestly, as much as you'd love to stay here and talk about your own interpretation of the story of Troje, you know that there's not going to be any useful words said about it. Instead, it seems that the conversation is escalating into that of an argument between the king of Elis and the king of North Argos, regarding the king of Attica. Of course, you have your own thoughts on Troje. Puffy once went to Egypt, where she happened to find a temple for Helena, she'd told a long time ago. When she asked around how that had come there, the citizens had told her an interesting story.

According to them, Paris' fleet ended up in a terrible storm, leading to them getting off track. Thusly, they ended up in Egypt. The pharaoh had seen the beautiful woman the young prince had with him, and asked where they'd gotten her from. Paris would've answered that he'd stolen her from another man back in Greece, at which the pharaoh responded: "in that case, leave her here, and go back to your island." Paris lost Helena there, meaning that the Greeks had a war that lasted ten years for nothing. The Trojans would've told them that Helena wasn't there either, but the war-hungry Greeks didn't care, and simply destroyed their city for nothing. On the way back, Menelaos would've picked Helena up from Egypt. That's the story you believe in. That's how you interpret the fall. But only the gods truly know what happens, and you're aware of their deceit.