Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Hey, what's up?" Bingo called Rai early morning the next day.

"Oh Bing, I checked it out first thing this morning and I've got 13." she sighed in disappointment.

"Cheer up bubbles, it will bloom and you'll see." she laughed.

"Hope so, I have to open the shop, I'll call you later." then she ended the call.

"What's with that long heavy face in the morning honey?" her mother noticed and smiled. "why don't you concentrate on your first love, baking." Riley studied baking years back as it was her first love, but she ended up hating it because of that one incident that happened last year.

"Mom, I don't want to hear that 'B' word again, OK?" she sighed and unlocked the door of their shop.

"Why? You were very good at it, and probably we can add pastries in our service lists." she said while arranging their office desk and she begun to check out their log book of reservations. "It's Friday tomorrow, Daniel's wedding."

"who cares." she went away,  grabbed the broom and started sweeping the floor.

"Rai, it's been a year. Haven't you forgiven him yet?" her mom followed her.

She looked at her mom and stopped sweeping for awhile "NO." she plainly answered clicking her arms and started sweeping again. Dan and Riley had relationship for 3 years but it ended up last year. Daniel became so close to her family because of his cheerful attitude. They never expected that a small argument will end everything between them. "I just can't believe, that guy chose our shop to design their reception. How awkward." she sneered.

"Why not Rai, he's like a son to us."

"Maybe he's after some discounts and promos, anything that will cost him less." Riley smiled naughtily and threw the dust she collected in the garbage bin.

"Honey, if you only forgave him that day, maybe it's your wedding with him today." her mom sighed.

She knows her mom likes Daniel so much and there was a bit of regret when Riley turned down Daniel when he asked forgiveness a lot of times. "Mom, don't start this conversation again, please?" Riley walked upstairs with heavy feet.

She rechecked her uploaded story and saw 5 more reads were added. She got a comment at the end part of it. "p.m. me here." and written beside it was an email. She opened her email and sent a message right away. She wrote "Hi I'm the Last Woman Alive author." then she click send and after few seconds the unknown commentator replied.

"Hi, I'm Nicholas Lanner, I'm interested in your story. I can offer you a chance to make this big." she reads, and she immediately typed. "What do you mean?" and another few seconds she received an email. "Let's talk about this in person, give me a place where I can meet you." Riley's heart beat so fast that she breathe as if she walked few blocks. "Is this a joke, or someone's playing with me?" she told her self then she responded again after few minutes "I'm currently living in Omaha, Nebraska." then she waited for another message and she received one after a couple of minutes. "Give me an exact address Ms. Skyler and your most available time, and if it's not too much, can you give me a contact number where we can reach you." her hand were shaking and her heart was pounding, "think Riley." she told herself and she finally typed. "Craved Restaurant, at S 31st Avenue, that's near Turner Park. Let's meet at 3 in the afternoon tomorrow. You can reach me at 2168426903" then she hit send and it responded immediately "Copy, thanks and see you."

After she made a conversation with the unknown commentator she immediately dialed Bingo's number. "Bingo!"

"Hey Rai, what's up?" as she responded chewing a gum.